Creamers In Cake Balls, Need Refrigeration??

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm by sweetcravings

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

Today i went out and bought some flavored coffee creamer from the fridge section of the grocery store. I thought i read sometime ago that you can add this to cake balls to make them hold together, instead of buttercream. So i didn't have time to make the icing, and figured i would buy this creamer. Now that i'm sitting here thinking about it I have a question...If i add this creamer to the cake balls, won't i have to refrigerate them due to the creamer? I don't want to make anyone sick. anyone?

5 replies
sweetcravings Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone????? I really need an answer by tommorrow..i hope someone can help.

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 6

Put them in the fridge over night after you make them then they are fine for a pot luck -function after that.. you can leave them out they usually don't last long enough to get bad..

sweetcravings Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 6

Won't the chocolate sweat if i put the covered cake balls in the fridge?

I have a crazy busy week next week so i was planning to make them this weekend and store them until Easter..would they be ok that long in the fridge, the chocolate i mean?

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 6

Cover them lightly with foil making sure they don't touch the foil. What I do is make them then put in the candy wrappers after they dry I use a box place in the box cover lightly with foil or just the box lid. I never had a problem.

sweetcravings Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 6

thanks ;0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%