Hello Lurkers!

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm by kimkait

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:11am
post #31 of 44

A lot of the ''guests'' are also search engine spiders crawling through the pages and pulling up topics related to whatever was typed in for the search.

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:12am
post #32 of 44

I was never a lurker...I probably should've been! My comments and pictures are definitely not worthy of this site, but I post and blab anyway! My dad used to say I had diarrhea of the mouth....now I guess it is in the fingers?!?!

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Go to Forums page where all the categories are listed, it's at the very bottom, shows who is on, who is registered, blah blah blah.

Gotcha!! Thanks thumbs_up.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #34 of 44

You are not considered a lurker if you have joined. You may not post anything but you are still a member as far as cake central is concerned.

The lurkers are the ones who come on and never sign in to be a member. They don't realize how much they are missing out on....and it doesn't cost anything to join....and you don't have to post if you don't want to.

I can't imagine that so many people come on to check the site out and choose not to become a member.

I challenge all lurkers who read this thread to sign in to be a member. You don't have to post comments and you don't have to post photos......but it sure is a lot of fun.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:56am
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyofcakes

Okay I'm a lurker I'm on here every night to see whats new and read as many post as I can. I haven't post a picture let. You all do such amazing work that my works would not even compare.
I do enjoy each and everyone of you.

I still can't bring myself to upload a pick of my cakes shhh.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:00am
post #36 of 44

Don't we all start off as lurkers in some form or another? Then of course we realize how amazing this site is and then can't help but join and become a member and VOILA...ADdicted icon_wink.gif

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

I was never a lurker...I probably should've been! My comments and pictures are definitely not worthy of this site, but I post and blab anyway! My dad used to say I had diarrhea of the mouth....now I guess it is in the fingers?!?!

LMAO icon_cry.gif ...laughing so hard I'm crying!
Ok, that was good! thumbs_up.gif

I too wasn't much of a luker, maybe a couple of hours and then joined right away and wasn't shy about posting and asking questions. Everyone is so helpful around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I started as a lurker!....Then I got addicted!
Edna

I am more addicted to CC than I am Facebook! icon_biggrin.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #38 of 44

I used to spend my days on myspace, now I don't even log in cause i'm seriously on here 45 hrs my work week and then nights and weekends. Wow, that's bad when you look at it that way.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:12am
post #39 of 44

I can't believe I did it!!!!
Back away from the computr slowly!!!!

I am on page 6 of the offically embarassed post and I can't stop, I have to read it to the end now, I am so curious how it turned out.
my husband will divorce me because
1) I just woke him up laughing
2) for the second night in a row I will be up til 3am reading post on CC

I love this site!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:13am
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

The lurkers are the ones who come on and never sign in to be a member. They don't realize how much they are missing out on....and it doesn't cost anything to join....and you don't have to post if you don't want to.

I can't imagine that so many people come on to check the site out and choose not to become a member.

I challenge all lurkers who read this thread to sign in to be a member. You don't have to post comments and you don't have to post photos......but it sure is a lot of fun.

GUILTY!!

I totally lurked for a long time... then joined and lurked... then finally got the (cake)balls to post... then to post a pic. I have posted a grand total of 2 and I wanna just rip 'em down LOL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:16am
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bak4myboys

I must admit to being a lurker, but in my defense, I have tried to jump into discussions or ask questions to very little or no response. I got discouraged and quit trying.

I'm pretty sure we'd all like hundreds of responses to our posts. icon_lol.gif But there are so many members and so many posts, and it does takes time to respond to even a handful every day. icon_cry.gif And most answering posts go unacknowledged by OP's, so there's no way of knowing if they were helpful or even if they got read....

I know it makes my day when the OP or another member posts that my response was helpful. icon_biggrin.gif

Last, but not least, I know that I as well as other members routinely check and respond to "unanswered posts" if we can help... icon_smile.gif But I could find no posting of yours that was unanswered - so don't be discouraged. thumbs_up.gif

HTH

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCreationsByJodi

I can't believe I did it!!!!
Back away from the computr slowly!!!!

I am on page 6 of the offically embarassed post and I can't stop, I have to read it to the end now, I am so curious how it turned out.
my husband will divorce me because
1) I just woke him up laughing
2) for the second night in a row I will be up til 3am reading post on CC

I love this site!

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Sorry, I'm the guilty one for posting the link to that one icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Tell your hubby, he's not the only neglected one due to CC. icon_lol.gif

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_Kake

I am more addicted to CC than I am Facebook! icon_biggrin.gif

OMG me too! I only log into Facebook now when someone sends me a message. My SIL thinks I fell off the planet! I'm so addicted my husband is starting to look at me funny when I talk about people's posts or pictures.... icon_twisted.gif

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #44 of 44

Some of the guest can actually be members. I have 2 computers at work, and sometimes when I get a minute, I'll just have a quick look to see whats going on. I don't log in because I just get to be on a minute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%