Hello Lurkers!

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm by kimkait

BakingGirl Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 44

I just thought I give you all a shout-out. I had a quick look at the bottom of the forum page where it states how many are online. 600+ members and 1200+ guests icon_eek.gif .

Why don't you all come and join us properly - we are all very nice and we won't bite. You get to see full size pictures, you can post and have a good moan if you feel like it, you can ask questions if you feel like this icon_confused.gif - the possibilities are endless!

Welcome to you all!

43 replies
Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 44

1200 lurkers.....ummm guests? icon_razz.gif

Kinda makes me feel like I'm in a big fishbowl with all these faces pressed up against the glass icon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 44

Ha! And let the bridezillas, angry undercut bakers, and overcharged moms-to-be fresh from their baby showers and over priced cakes reveal themselves?? Bwahahahaha.... icon_biggrin.gif

By the way....what's up with this??

Most users ever online was 2945 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Was that the day of the famous "Officially Embarassed" thread?!?! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 44

No...couldn't have been Officially Embarassed, that was quite awhile ago now.

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Most users ever online was 2945 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Was that the day of the famous "Officially Embarassed" thread?!?! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Maybe, although I thought that was started on a Saturday night because I remember someone saying how pathetic we all were to be home on a Saturday night waiting for ktbugg to come back. Hey, she's probably one of the 1200 "guests" lurking tonight. icon_rolleyes.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 44

Thaaaaaat's right, it was a Saturday night. Yeah, sad to say I was caught up in that one! Ha!

luv2bak4myboys Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 44

I must admit to being a lurker, but in my defense, I have tried to jump into discussions or ask questions to very little or no response. I got discouraged and quit trying.

GayeG Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 44

hmmmm ... All I "see" is McCain on one side .. and me on the top and bottom waiting to see that "friend" that thinks Im too dumb to beat their score! HA! icon_smile.gif

Come out .. come out .. where ever you are ....

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 44

Jamie I found one of my posts from that date and time..........so happy to be a part of CC history icon_biggrin.gif It was the thread about FN challenge where Courtney was accused of sabotaging the other decorators cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6267790-.html#6267790

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 44

Hey, I was officially a lurker also for a couple months before I took the leap and decided to join. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:34pm
post #11 of 44

Are you sure it wasn't the infamous "can I buy the cake with food stamps" debate? That was a huge one.

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Jamie I found one of my posts from that date and time..........so happy to be a part of CC history icon_biggrin.gif It was the thread about FN challenge where Courtney was accused of sabotaging the other decorators cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6267790-.html#6267790

Aha! So that was the hot topic of the day. And might I add, I had to retype topic about 4 times...something about my fingers want to type "tpoic" instead...lol. I need to do other things than post in here sometimes. icon_lol.gif

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Are you sure it wasn't the infamous "can I buy the cake with food stamps" debate? That was a huge one.

No I think it was before that one. What about the "laundry" thread????

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:36pm
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Dang...that was a HOT one alright!

I can't even find "Officially Embarassed" now...must have gone away to "never-never land" or the place where "those" posts that shall not be discussed ever again go. Hee hee icon_biggrin.gif

paddlegirl14 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingGirl

I just thought I give you all a shout-out. I had a quick look at the bottom of the forum page where it states how many are online. 600+ members and 1200+ guests icon_eek.gif .

Where do you find that number? There isn't anything showing up on my computer. icon_confused.gif

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #16 of 44

oh, wow, I was way off. Oh well icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bak4myboys

I must admit to being a lurker, but in my defense, I have tried to jump into discussions or ask questions to very little or no response. I got discouraged and quit trying.

I could see why thats discouraging .. but dont let it stop you from this "madness" - there's sooo much to learn here - even if its from just listening icon_smile.gif And I promise - I will NEVER ignore ya when I see ya icon_smile.gif .... Coz I wanna know HOW the heck you lost 100 lbs!!! OMG!! icon_eek.gif I wanna loose 40 and its the biggest struggle of my LIFE!!! icon_wink.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #18 of 44

Go to Forums page where all the categories are listed, it's at the very bottom, shows who is on, who is registered, blah blah blah.

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #19 of 44

Here's Officially Embarassed, I just did a search for "cakelurker" and went to her posts........I really need to get a hobby icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6226987-.html#6226987

It was around Jan 26

nannie Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #20 of 44

luv2bak4myboys

don't give up icon_lol.gif

I wanna hear from everyone.......... the more the merrier

thumbs_up.gif

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #21 of 44

I agree, sometimes i'm scared to get into a discussion and then there are the ones that I definately stay away from. Plus i'm a newbie still and I really don't know much to give any real good advice, but I love the stories LOL.

BakingGirl--What part of the Carribean are you from? I was born in Belize, so just curious.

tammy712 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #22 of 44
Quote:

I can relate to that I have posted to some threads and a good discussion is going on and it just dies. lol

nannie Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:47pm
post #23 of 44

OMG

a 100 pounds icon_eek.gif

You should start a thread on how to do that and still bake......... you'd be very popular icon_razz.gif

Seriously, congratulations, I'm sure that was hard to do. thumbs_up.gif

GI Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #24 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy712

Quote:

I can relate to that I have posted to some threads and a good discussion is going on and it just dies. lol

luv2bak- don't ever stop, just come on in. icon_biggrin.gif

tammy712 - Um, yep I can relate. It seems like everytime I get on one, the thread dies. I AM AN OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER.

aundrea Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #25 of 44

I too was a lurker for a long time. Once I officially joined I went from lurker to addict!
I admit that I was completely intimidated to post pictures!
The talent here is amazing.
But once I felt comfortable with the people here it became easier.
This site is truely a family. I would be lost without the help and advice from the members here.
Btw I do remember that officially embarassed post. Wish I had the time to read all the responses.

tonedna Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #26 of 44

I started as a lurker!....Then I got addicted!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

bakery_chick Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:01am
post #27 of 44

Newbies...
I have read more people say that they were intimidated to post their pics. Please don't be. We are here for fun, to learn, to get better. I don't think there is a person on the site that doesn't feel that he or she has no room for improvement, but of course I can only speak for myself. I know I do good work, but compared to some of these people, I am still a beginner! Think about how fun it will be to see your cakes go from your first to that first all time fave!

joyofcakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:03am
post #28 of 44

Okay I'm a lurker I'm on here every night to see whats new and read as many post as I can. I haven't post a picture let. You all do such amazing work that my works would not even compare.
I do enjoy each and everyone of you.

Deb_ Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #29 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyofcakes

Okay I'm a lurker I'm on here every night to see whats new and read as many post as I can. I haven't post a picture let. You all do such amazing work that my works would not even compare.
I do enjoy each and everyone of you.

Don't be a stranger.......I know sometimes we all can sound intimidating all talking at once and all icon_razz.gif Just jump in any time we'd love to have ya!

joyofcakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:59am
post #30 of 44

Thank you dkelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%