Tita9499 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:27pm
post #91 of 126

LOL! True 'dat, true 'dat!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:33pm
post #92 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

txcupcake-we always seem to be on the same wavelength!

amia-no one is going to flame you but Pole Kitten, oh I mean Ohmyganache. icon_twisted.gif

I don't think this was a copyright issue-it was a blog. how often are blogs referred to in the media? Is THAT copyright infringement? And again, Bronwen should not have put something on cyberspace if she didn't want it out there for the world to see, over and over again.

I think that it being posted here was a QUOTE, not plagiarism.

Oh SNAP! icon_lol.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:43pm
post #93 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Quote:

amia-no one is going to flame you but Pole Kitten, oh I mean Ohmyganache. icon_twisted.gif

I don't think this was a copyright issue-it was a blog. how often are blogs referred to in the media? Is THAT copyright infringement? And again, Bronwen should not have put something on cyberspace if she didn't want it out there for the world to see, over and over again.

Oh SNAP! icon_lol.gif

I think that is the first time in my whole life someone has said Oh SNAP to me. icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #94 of 126
Quote:

Quote:

Oh SNAP! icon_lol.gif

Why is it that so many members feel the need to come up with new screen names lately? Changing their screen names doesn't help when they don't change the tone of their posts.............we always figure it out!
People...........just stay real and stop hiding behind new names, it's getting old thumbsdown.gif

As a legal home baker from MA I cannot understand the "underpricing" argument............I charge more per serving then all of the local store front bakers. I don't mean Wal Mart or the grocery chains, I mean real bakeries. That argument does NOT make sense to me.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #95 of 126

Didn't you all know that we home bakers are really a secret society of super baking villains. Our evil plan is to destroy the world....one staph kolache at a time. And because we're so underpriced, we'll get all the business. It's so evil it just might work!

tx_cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #96 of 126

We are the Texas Order of the Cake Ninjas. icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #97 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amia

Didn't you all know that we home bakers are really a secret society of super baking villains. Our evil plan is to destroy the world....one staph kolache at a time. And because we're so underpriced, we'll get all the business. It's so evil it just might work!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_evil.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:55pm
post #98 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Why is it that so many members feel the need to come up with new screen names lately?

Welcome to junior high. Again. icon_lol.gif

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:57pm
post #99 of 126

Man! Amia & txcupcake! You gave our secrets away! Guess we gotta go underground now!

icon_twisted.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #100 of 126

It's funny that it probably took BW more time to come up with her very long explanation of her position than she left it up on her blog for the handful of riled cake ladies on CC to see. icon_lol.gif I'm glad I got screenshots of it for posterity's sake. *Shrug* Hello, Ms. Weber? You have a fanbase. Therefore, you do need to explain your position when it directly opposes your fanbase. LOL

Oh man....I just wish they would vote it out of committee. Time's a-wastin'!

Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:06am
post #101 of 126
Quote:

Quote:

Why is it that so many members feel the need to come up with new screen names lately?

Welcome to junior high. Again. icon_lol.gif

You ain't kiddin sista!! icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #102 of 126

Cakepro, I don't know why, but I just love you. icon_lol.gif

PassiFlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PassiFlora Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #103 of 126

I am really a bit shocked by the levels of nastiness going around on both sides. No one is trying to infringe on anyone's right to have a successful career in cakes. We all LOVE cakes and most of us want to make it with our skills somehow.

From my stance, many people are assuming more ignorance and nastiness than is actually present. You are all VERY smart ladies. The people who want the law want there to be health inspections and totally agree it's important. The people who are arguing with the law just think the health inspections should be required.

I really understand Bronwen's stance, and I'm someone who would KILL to be able to bake from her home. I've tried finding a kitchen to bake in for months and eventually just had to give up.

I really think the only thing Bronwen, Francois or really anyone has argued is that the health inspections should be absolutely, 100% required and regular just like they are for "proper" businesses, and there's regulating of things like animal presence and mixing of areas with personal storage space. As long as that's the case, I am all for it and, having just moved from Texas recently, hope with all of my heart this law follows me to Georgia!

BOP777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BOP777 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:23am
post #104 of 126

Hi, (wavingicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif
I'm a newbieicon_smile.gif I know that puts a "bullseye" on me! icon_cry.gif LOL
So, I started here on this post- but I don't see- what she said? Bronwen I mean.
Thank you icon_smile.gif
BOP777

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:23am
post #105 of 126

Aww man, I hate when I get all into the thread and can't figure out what's going on!! Who is polekitten?

Ok, ok, so most of the time I don't know what's going on, but couldya let me in this once?? lol

Amia Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #106 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiFlora

I am really a bit shocked by the levels of nastiness going around on both sides. No one is trying to infringe on anyone's right to have a successful career in cakes. We all LOVE cakes and most of us want to make it with our skills somehow.

From my stance, many people are assuming more ignorance and nastiness than is actually present. You are all VERY smart ladies. The people who want the law want there to be health inspections and totally agree it's important. The people who are arguing with the law just think the health inspections should be required.

I really understand Bronwen's stance, and I'm someone who would KILL to be able to bake from her home. I've tried finding a kitchen to bake in for months and eventually just had to give up.

I really think the only thing Bronwen, Francois or really anyone has argued is that the health inspections should be absolutely, 100% required and regular just like they are for "proper" businesses, and there's regulating of things like animal presence and mixing of areas with personal storage space. As long as that's the case, I am all for it and, having just moved from Texas recently, hope with all of my heart this law follows me to Georgia!

You only joined two days ago...the shock will wear off. Also, how are you so well informed on this issue since you are only a 2 day old CC'r?

summernoelle Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #107 of 126

Apparently it is "copyrighted" and we aren't allowed to post it.

Amia Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #108 of 126

Polekitten = OhMyGanache

And apparently she had another pseudonym before Polekitten, but the drama was too much...I wonder why... icon_confused.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #109 of 126

Uh oh, uber informed newbie alert! Everyone out of the pool!

PassiFlora Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #110 of 126

I posted avidly on this forum a few years ago before I started working full-time, and I've been reading CC without posting for approximately 5 years.

I've read every response on this board so far on the issue, and I really feel like you're all very smart and well-informed, and it makes me sad to see such arguing on either side. I've been around CC long enough to know you're an awesome bunch, and that was all I was trying to say with my post. I'm a bit hurt my post was interpreted as an attack. Believe me, I am the biggest fan of the forum regulars around here. icon_smile.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:30am
post #111 of 126
Quote:

Polekitten = OhMyGanache

And apparently she had another pseudonym before Polekitten, but the drama was too much...I wonder why... icon_confused.gif

Yes, my former screen name was Polekitten. I changed it because I thought up a cute new moniker and I couldn't resist. However, I kept the same photo and same signature line as well as the same account (so anyone going back in my posts would know). Additionally, I posted about changing my name... I'm confused why anyone thinks it's a big deal to have "figured it out". I'd be more surprised at those who didn't. LOL!

I'm getting tired of coming under attack simply for having a difference of opinion and not being afraid of stating that opinion. I'm not a conformist, and I'm not ashamed of how I feel about things. In fact, I'm quite proud of the fact that I can state my position without insulting anyone in the process. I wish I could say the same about others here. *sigh*

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:31am
post #112 of 126

Ahhh, I tried the memberlist but couldn't find it.

I love this place!! It's better than a soap opera-plus I get to learn all kinds of neat things. Like...how to lick fondant to stick it to the cake, oh, and lick the dragees and even how to make those super special kolaches! Thanks guys!!! You truly are the best!!!

ROFLMAO

Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:34am
post #113 of 126
Quote:

Quote:

You only joined two days ago...the shock will wear off. Also, how are you so well informed on this issue since you are only a 2 day old CC'r?

Oh man another "OLDIE" hiding behind another "NEWBIE" screen name icon_rolleyes.gif

I wonder what period Home Ec class she's in icon_rolleyes.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:37am
post #114 of 126

You think this is nastiness ?!?

You should read some of the other sites I belong to!
-
Summernoelle, my post was a direct answer to a question FeGe_Cakes asked regarding Bronwen's 'rated B restaurant' remark, that's all.

summernoelle Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:39am
post #115 of 126

It's the Cake Mafia, honey. icon_smile.gif We are a mean bunch.

7yyrt-yeah, someone PMed me and told me that. Thanks for letting me know, though.

PassiFlora Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:40am
post #116 of 126
Quote:

Oh man another "OLDIE" hiding behind another "NEWBIE" screen name icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm really confused about how my post is being received. When I posted here before, I did so somewhere around 3 years ago and stopped when I began culinary school and bakery work. My job simply took over my life. I got a new name because, frankly, I don't even remember my exact screenname or password anymore (I posted pretty sporadically and only for a few months). I was never involved in any drama, and I am certainly not pretending to be an "oldie", if that's what you were implying.

My post count really shouldn't have anything to do with how valid my opinion is, especially when all I ever said was I was sad to see fighting amongst people I respect.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #117 of 126
Quote:

Quote:

I'm really confused about how my post is being received. When I posted here before, I did so somewhere around 3 years ago and stopped when I began culinary school and bakery work. My job simply took over my life. I got a new name because, frankly, I don't even remember my exact screenname or password anymore (I posted pretty sporadically and only for a few months). I was never involved in any drama, and I am certainly not pretending to be an "oldie", if that's what you were implying.

My post count really shouldn't have anything to do with how valid my opinion is, especially when all I ever said was I was sad to see fighting amongst people I respect.

I wouldn't stress about it. Some people think bullying others makes them cool... I think it's very sad.

Amia Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:44am
post #118 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

I wouldn't stress about it. Some people think bullying others makes them cool... I think it's very sad.

And I think it's quite interesting that you're in the middle of every dramatic thread when you claim to be here for cake, not drama.

PassiFlora, the problem is not with you but with others who have created new accounts just to cause drama. No hard feelings I hope! icon_wink.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:47am
post #119 of 126

Well, here's a welcome wagon to all you new/newbies and oldie/newbies!!!

summernoelle Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:47am
post #120 of 126

Alright Cake Ladies. This thread is super dramatic now. I'll be reading from afar with a bowl of popcorn. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%