post #61 of 126

Sounds like it.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #62 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Sounds like it.

I thought so. It just caught me off guard a bit because i was checking the different ratings at her bakery.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:00pm
post #63 of 126

While I understand the curiosity about Bronwen's post, it was completely disrespectful to post it in its entirety here.

First, it is copyright infringement - those are her words. Second, she obviously wanted that post removed or she would not have taken it down from her own website. Re-posting something someone obviously wanted removed from the web is downright rude.

I love Bronwen, have taken her classes and always cheer her on during competitions. This just totally infuriates me. And for the record, I totally agree with her position.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:35pm
post #64 of 126

Please note that I have removed the content posted from http://bronwenweber.blogspot.com

It is against the cakecentral.com terms to post copyright protected material from other websites without the authors written permission.

http://www.cakecentral.com/terms.php

racheycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racheycake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #65 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

While I understand the curiosity about Bronwen's post, it was completely disrespectful to post it in its entirety here.

First, it is copyright infringement - those are her words. Second, she obviously wanted that post removed or she would not have taken it down from her own website. Re-posting something someone obviously wanted removed from the web is downright rude.

I love Bronwen, have taken her classes and always cheer her on during competitions. This just totally infuriates me. And for the record, I totally agree with her position.

It's not copyright infringement, it's heresay. Last I checked this is still America where we can say whatever the F we want! We can love her or we can hate her and we can discuss it all in public. It's one of the last great freedoms we have and I'll be damned if anyone tried to take that away from me!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #66 of 126
Quote:

Just curious...what do you agree about her statement(s)? I am not trying to pick a fight. I am the type that can see both sides of the situation. But you can have extremes to a commercial bakery and a cottege bakery. I reviewed the health codes in Dallas, Texas where her bakery is. Not just her bakery but all. It interesting what you can find out online.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #67 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Sounds like it.

Sorry, I am confused about this particular statement. Sounds like what?

OhMyGanache Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:45pm
post #68 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelally

Quote:

It's not copyright infringement, it's heresay. Last I checked this is still America where we can say whatever the F we want! We can love her or we can hate her and we can discuss it all in public. It's one of the last great freedoms we have and I'll be damned if anyone tried to take that away from me!

Please refer to the post directly above yours. It absolutely IS copyright infringement - you are misinformed. And I care just as much about Bronwen's rights as I do about yours. God bless America. icon_smile.gif

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:47pm
post #69 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelally

Quote:

Rachelally: While I like your enthusiasm for free speech, it's important to remember this board is not America, it is a discussion board and we as it's members are all subjects to ALL it's rules and regulations. We are a large group of multinational members and agree when we sign up that we will abide by the rules.

OhMyGanache Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #70 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Quote:

Just curious...what do you agree about her statement(s)? I am not trying to pick a fight. I am the type that can see both sides of the situation. But you can have extremes to a commercial bakery and a cottege bakery. I reviewed the health codes in Dallas, Texas where her bakery is. Not just her bakery but all. It interesting what you can find out online.

If there were fees/inspections, etc. involved, I would have a little more sympathy. I also agree with it driving down the price of cake. If everybody else on my block is charging $1/serving because they don't have the expenses that I do, then how am I going to make a living?

It's my opinion - and I kinda like to think I'm entitled to it. icon_wink.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #71 of 126

Thanks! I like a good clean debate! icon_biggrin.gif And I HOPE & PRAY they will have strict rules about a cottage bakery if the bill passes.

But like someone posted earlier..they can't inforce the rules for all people all the time. I wouldn't think the person who would go to a big name bakery will come to a cottege bakery. PERIOD! No matter if they can out decorate Kerry Vincent. I am not a bakeries competion. And I won't be able to produce the amount of cakes a bakery can. And for me (I don't want to).

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:12pm
post #72 of 126
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If there were fees/inspections, etc. involved, I would have a little more sympathy. I also agree with it driving down the price of cake. If everybody else on my block is charging $1/serving because they don't have the expenses that I do, then how am I going to make a living?

Just so you have all the facts when you form your opinion:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HB03282I.htm

Fees and inspections, and the HD can set whatever rules they deem necessary. (Seriously, why do people forget or refuse to see that?!)

FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:15pm
post #73 of 126

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:23pm
post #74 of 126

Yes, people do refuse to see that. Or at least be informed about it.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #75 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just so you have all the facts when you form your opinion:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HB03282I.htm

Fees and inspections, and the HD can set whatever rules they deem necessary. (Seriously, why do people forget or refuse to see that?!)

HELLO!

For someone whose sig claims that you aren't here for drama, OhMyGanache, you sure do like to stir the pot. icon_rolleyes.gif

summernoelle Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #76 of 126

icon_lol.gif Couldn't agree more. icon_lol.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:35pm
post #77 of 126

Thank you lanibird!!! Seriously, read the bill, then come and comment. Every argument that has been made is addressed by this bill. Anything not specifically addressed in the bill would obviously be addressed in the rules set forth by the HD. Am I speaking russian here? Are my posts not in English? I swear, we've gone over all of this a million times...

OhMyGanache, if you're not here for drama then why did you even post on here? You don't live in Texas and you are obviously not informed about our bill. icon_evil.gif Really, posting Bronwen's blog may be copyright infringement, but it was in no way rude. Don't come on here and blast someone for trying to be helpful. Not everyone is aware of the CI laws. Also, if Bronwen didn't want it read she should never have posted it online for everyone to see. It was her own husband who directed all of us to that blog. What *was* rude was the way she made all home bakers out to be complete, and utter, morons.

If you disagree with the bill, that is your prerogative, but at least have a semi-logical reason as to why. The health threat is a moot point since a lot of home bakers are already selling to the public. Driving down prices? Right. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SELLING CAKES AND CHARGING WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH NO REGULATION AND NO FEES!!!!! Yes I am yelling. Maybe the capital letters will help it sink in. This bill isn't going to change what is going on, it just changes the legality of things.

Go ahead and flame me.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:45pm
post #78 of 126

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS. ROFL. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:46pm
post #79 of 126

Everything is bigger and better in Texas...that includes our tempers. icon_evil.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:47pm
post #80 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amia

Everything is bigger and better in Texas...that includes our tempers. icon_evil.gif

HIGH FIVE!!!!!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:48pm
post #81 of 126

To quote someones own words that they posted for the world to see, is not copyright infringement. If you took her words and claimed them as your own, there would be a problem. It is also not heresay. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in as I am an attorney and an avid cake decorator

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #82 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesncookies

To quote someones own words that they posted for the world to see, is not copyright infringement. If you took her words and claimed them as your own, there would be a problem. It is also not heresay. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in as I am an attorney and an avid cake decorator

And a high five to you too! thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #83 of 126

I will never understand why anyone would have a problem with requiring inspections for food that's sold to the public. I'm not from Texas, but I'm a licensed home baker whose kitchen is a heck of a lot cleaner than the commercial bakery kitchens I've seen, and I hope that this bill passes for you guys. It's always a good feeling to be able to know that you're working legally, so I hope you get the opportunity to do so! icon_smile.gif

racheycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racheycake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #84 of 126

HIGH FREAKIN FIVE Y'ALL!!!!!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #85 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

(Seriously, why do people forget or refuse to see that?!)

**stepping onto soapbox**

Ahem!

Because if they acknowledged the fact that there would be rules and fees then they wouldn't have a doggone thing to argue about.

It's like someone sad earlier, most of these "protestors" don't want to: 1) have any "competition" or 2) make it easy for someone else get something they feel they had to bend over backwards to get.

What do all of you say to cake shops who have commercial space and sell cakes cheaper than you? Nothing, because you can't...

I live in Texas, but that's for as long as the Army says so, I really don't have an interest in whether this bill gets passed, but I really am pulling for all of you Texas home bakers.

I went to culinary school and paid a hefty sum for my degree but I don't hate on people who didn't because it makes "My profession look bad" or "takes away from those of us who have worked hard to get where we're at". If you're good, you're good. I don't need to keep anyone else from succeeding to make myself feel (or look) good. My work speaks for itself and so do I.

**stepping off soapbox**

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:13pm
post #86 of 126
Quote:

Thank you lanibird!!! Seriously, read the bill, then come and comment. Every argument that has been made is addressed by this bill. Anything not specifically addressed in the bill would obviously be addressed in the rules set forth by the HD. Am I speaking russian here? Are my posts not in English? I swear, we've gone over all of this a million times...

OhMyGanache, if you're not here for drama then why did you even post on here? You don't live in Texas and you are obviously not informed about our bill. icon_evil.gif Really, posting Bronwen's blog may be copyright infringement, but it was in no way rude. Don't come on here and blast someone for trying to be helpful. Not everyone is aware of the CI laws. Also, if Bronwen didn't want it read she should never have posted it online for everyone to see. It was her own husband who directed all of us to that blog. What *was* rude was the way she made all home bakers out to be complete, and utter, morons.

If you disagree with the bill, that is your prerogative, but at least have a semi-logical reason as to why. The health threat is a moot point since a lot of home bakers are already selling to the public. Driving down prices? Right. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SELLING CAKES AND CHARGING WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH NO REGULATION AND NO FEES!!!!! Yes I am yelling. Maybe the capital letters will help it sink in. This bill isn't going to change what is going on, it just changes the legality of things.

Go ahead and flame me.

PREACH SISTER! (Yes, I'm yelling in the James Brown "Do you see the light?!" Blues Brothers way!)

I love my Texas gals! High freakin' five indeed! cowboy.gif

summernoelle Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #87 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Quote:

Go ahead and flame me.

PREACH SISTER! (Yes, I'm yelling in the James Brown "Do you see the light?!" Blues Brothers way!)

I love my Texas gals! High freakin' five indeed! cowboy.gif

txcupcake-we always seem to be on the same wavelength!

amia-no one is going to flame you but Pole Kitten, oh I mean Ohmyganache. icon_twisted.gif

I don't think this was a copyright issue-it was a blog. how often are blogs referred to in the media? Is THAT copyright infringement? And again, Bronwen should not have put something on cyberspace if she didn't want it out there for the world to see, over and over again.

I think that it being posted here was a QUOTE, not plagiarism.

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #88 of 126

You're right Summer...but supposedly she's here for cake, not for drama. icon_twisted.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:26pm
post #89 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

amia-no one is going to flame you but Pole Kitten, oh I mean Ohmyganache. icon_twisted.gif

icon_surprised.gif So I'm not crazy?

I knew it!!

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:26pm
post #90 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

icon_surprised.gif So I'm not crazy?

I knew it!!

No crazier than usual. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%