Queneacrea Cake...design My Choice

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 9:27pm by melodyscakes

melodyscakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 6

I am donating a cake short notice for this weekend for a quencearna celebration. I know nothing about the girl. the dress she will be wearing is white. I was contacted by a wedding planner who is donating the dress. the family lost their house to a fire so this nice lady is putting together a celebration for this girl with vendors donating their services.
I said I would make the cake, a four tier.....but am drawing a blank on the design.
the newspaper will put an article in the paper and take a picture of the cake, so this would also be free advertisement which is cool.
I know the girls sometimes like the cake on pillars and water fall under it, but I don't know anyone, so I wouldn't be able to charge a deposit to get my stuff back, so I'll probably make a stacked cake.

any suggestions would be appreciated!

5 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 6

A stacked cake with a doll cake as the top layer is always a popular choice here. Dress the doll similar to the dress the girl will wear, add a few flowers and do the tiers with a simple border. You could also incorporate the # 15 somewhere in the decoration.

kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6

Since you said 4 tiers I suggest something w/satilite c akes connected w/bridges (IF you have them).
If not, then pick out something simple and elegant in the gallery and go for it. Is there something you have been dying to try? A design you think is extra nice? Just make it wedding-eyicon_smile.gif
Here's one idea. You don't need the special stand.......just stack up any boxes or vases etc and cover w/pretty cloth.

About the doll......make a mini WonderMold skirt and use a doll pick.
They all realize you don't know any details and will (or at least should be!) very happy w/whatever they get icon_smile.gif

melodyscakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 6

I forgot about the doll on top.

I don't know what the dress looks like.
I just have to pick a design...thats the hard part, I love every cake I see!

thanks guys!

I'll go to the gallery for a while.

kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 6
melodyscakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 6

wow, that is some cake!

I just found out the theme is kinda like a cinderella theme...I'll look in the gallery and get some ideas for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%