Sometimes, Getting The Pro Pictures Bursts Your Bubble.

Business By Rhienn Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 11:51am by Marti1

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 22

At least, I wish it would have in this instance. LOL

Just yesterday I got the pro pics from a wedding I did last May. This client was a doozy and after I set this puppy up I took some pictures on my own, checked in with everyone and then got the heck out of there.

Here's what the cake looked like when I left:
ImageThere is a very small bubble on the front of the cake, which I actually couldn't see in person. Didn't even notice it until I looked at the pics I took the next day.

And here's the pro pic:
HOLY ENOURMOUS BUBBLES, Bat Man!

No one said anything, so I guess they didn't notice or care? Gah!

21 replies
Rhienn Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 22

Huh. Apparenlty CC isn't that fond of my flickr photos. Phooey.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 22

Rhienn........All I see is red "x's", no pictures. Try uploading them again. I don't think it is my computer not icon_confused.gif
thumbs_up.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 22

ooohh! I am so sorry. What a beautiful cake though!!!

pieceofcake20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake20 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 22

Well, besides the bubble it was a gorgeous cake!

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 22

Your cake must have really warmed up from the time you took your pictures to the time they took theirs. Regardless of the bubbles, it is still a beautiful design.

Rhienn Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 22

Thanks for posting the links! I wonder what the deal with the embedding pics is? Dang it.

Yeah - it was quite a cake. Except for the enourmous bubbles.

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 22

The bubble wasn't there when you took the picture, and it is a gorgeous cake, bubble and all!

Tell people, if they ask, it was a freshness bubble.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 22

Yikes! I see what you mean about the bubbles. They are much more noticeable in the pro pic! Must have grown after you left the venue. Getting air trapped between fondant and bc or bc and the cake can be tragic to the looks of a cake! Sorry this happened to your cake! Other than the bubbles it is very beautiful!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:22pm
post #11 of 22

Wow, it's funny how it shows up so clearly in the pro pic. Very nice cake. Looks like a blowout ready to happen. Thankfully it didn't get worse. It must've been the special lighting the photographer used that amplified that bubble. I'm glad it didn't burst.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:26pm
post #12 of 22

I didn't even notice the bubble until I started looking. This happens to me all of the time. I take a picture of the finished cake, and then look at the pictures and think, why didn't I fix that. Its like I don't see it in person.

Rhienn Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:27pm
post #13 of 22

A freshness bubble! LOVE IT!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #14 of 22

I'll bet the bride didn't even notice it! And your pic would have clearly shown that bubble if it had been there when you set it up. Especially with the flash. Must have gotten warm in the venue after you left.

By the way, I looked at the long shot pic of the cake...OMG!! What an absolutely cool cake stand!! Love the effect of the "Tree" you did and I really think the Cuppie trend in weddings is a fab idea....minus the extra back breaking work it is! LOL

Nice job, don't feel too bad. It happens sometimes. We can't control the venue environments we deliver to you know.

Looking forward to seeing more work from you girl!

icon_biggrin.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #15 of 22

Honestly, it took me a second to even see the bubbles...and if a cake fanatic like me doesn't think it's that bad, then a cake muggle wouldn't have even noticed. Great cake!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:41pm
post #16 of 22

SS about the bubbles. I couldn't even see them in the first pic. Now I know I NEVER want pro pics done of my cakes. My pics show enough flaws LOL.

Your cake is gorgeous though.

Mommy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy_Cakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #17 of 22

The reason it's more noticable in the pro pic is because of the angle the picture was taken at. It's pretty much a profile pic of the bubble.
That's why you can only slightly see it in yours (although it does look like it's grown some).
If it's easier to understand think of it as a picture of a person with a big nose, straight on you can't tell how big the nose is, have the person turn sideways, the picture becomes not so flattering, not to offend anyone who doesn't like their nose.

Myself for example are on the chunky side...haha I am the bubble, so I turn slightly sideways (like the first pic) in order not to look so bubbly icon_wink.gif

Hope that helps you understand the bubble a little more....blame it on the photographer...it is an amazing cake

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:11pm
post #18 of 22

As long as you are on the subject, can anyone tell me what causes these bubbles??? I am plagued with them on a regular basis and don't know what causes them. I make my cakes, freeze, fill and stack and cover in buttercream, put in fridge for a bit, then cover them in fondant....and the cake looks great....until I come down the next day to decorate and I have these bubbles/bulges that mar the cake and i have to redefine my design to cover up the bubbles, which I poke and flatten and it leaves a ghastly "scar" on the cake. What am I doing wrong? What do I do to prevent these bubbles - which from this thread, I see that I am not the only one to have problems with them.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #19 of 22

the design is just beautiful, truly.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:14pm
post #20 of 22

Lovely cake anyway

Rhienn Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:19pm
post #21 of 22

Thanks for the compliments. It was an INSANE set up and the client was an *ahem* challenge. I'm sure they didn't notice, because she certainly would have said something. She didn't pull any punches.

Marti1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marti1 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:51am
post #22 of 22

I was told that after covering the cake with fondant and before applying the borders to take a pen and "poke holes around the bottom edge. That would give the gas a place to escape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%