Help With Bridal Shower Cake Ideas...

Decorating By carmenid Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm by brincess_b

carmenid Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 3

I have a couple of bridal shower cakes to make. I have a a few ideas in mind, and questions too. icon_smile.gif

I love the bustier cake idea and I am pretty sure that I have seen a female torso cake mold before but now that I need it I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas?

I have also seen some heart shaped bustier cakes here in CC that are pretty nice, how do you do the boobies though? With the sports ball pan or something smaller?

I also like the idea of the wedding gown cake, such as the one below:

How do you do the skirt of the dress? And where do you get the black torso? Is this something that you can buy somewhere? It is a gumpaste figure?

Please let me know.

2 replies
mbt4955 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 3

I do the heart shaped bustier simply because it is SO easy and people love it. I use a 12" heart shaped pan and the sports ball pan(s). I have also done one without the ball pans when it needed to be a little more ladylike. icon_biggrin.gif

brincess_b Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 3

i did the boobies on my cake by stacking circles of cake, and carving a bit. turned out well id say, i didnt have the ball pan.
for the dress cake, i cant say much cause i never did one, but id say the torso is models from fondant/ gumpaste, you could use rice krispies too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%