Forum Confusion !

Decorating By brendabaker Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm by brendabaker

brendabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendabaker Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 8

Goodmorning, this is the first time using a forum and I don't quite know how to start, hopefully this is the right beginning. To enter into the "Extreme Cake contest is what I'm looking to do . So many beautiful cakes on this site, it makes me "very nervous", (smiles). Any help getting started would be so appreciated. Thanx in advance girls !!.........brendabaker

7 replies
sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 8

You've come to the right place! thumbs_up.gif There are so many talented artists here, you're sure to find the help and information you're lookin for. I'm not certain I have what you're looking for, but I know someone will. So....ask away!! And good luck in your caking adventures....I look forward to seeing some of your creations! icon_biggrin.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 8

Welcome, Brenda! Can us guys help too?

brendabaker Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 8

How do you get the pictures on the sides of your replies ? Or post a picture? I'd love to show a few of my cakes and things or is that where the attachments at the bottom comes in ?....brendabaker

artscallion Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 8

You can post pictures of your cakes in the galleries by clicking "My Photos" in the purple box on the left of the page. This will also add a "photos" button to the bottom of your posts, as well as in your profile, so that people can check out all of your photos without rummaging through the galleries.

To add a picture to the side of your replies (this is called your avatar) go to "My Forum Info" in that same purple box on the left. Scroll down near the bottom to "avatar control panel" You can also do other things on this screen like add a signature line that will appear at the bottom of all your posts.

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 8

To post an avatar, go to "my forum info" (you'll find that at the top of the "my account" box at the left of the home page) and at the bottom is the avatar control panel. Just upload a picture to there. Be sure to pay attention to the size limitations, or it won't work.

To add a picture of one of your cakes, go to "my Photos" (also under the "My Account" menu) and then at the top of that page you will see an option to "upload pictures"...there is also a size restriction there, but it's pretty generous.

HTH!

artscallion Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 8

Also, near the top of this page, there's a tab for "Forum FAQ" that has TONS of helpful answers to questions that new folks have. Being new myself, I use it often.

brendabaker Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 8

You guys r the GREATEST !! Thanx so Muchhhh, I have 2 run out & pay bills ughhhh LOL, but will get back and do all your instructions to the tee !! Thanx again.......brendabaker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%