Vanilla-Raspberry Cake?

Decorating By kellertur Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 5:15am by JessDesserts

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:31am
post #1 of 5

I've looked online, but I only found a Betty Crocker (Raspberry lace) cake that had a horrible review by one person. The filling of the cake needs to be vanilla BC, not raspberry. I've never made a raspberry cake, only choc-raspberry. icon_confused.gif Does anyone make a "raspberry" cake?

Please and thank you icon_smile.gif

4 replies
JessDesserts Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 5

Hi !

This is from a previous post. HTH.

Raspberry
1 box white cake mix
1 c granulated sugar
1 c AP flour
3/4 t salt
4 Egg Whites
1 C Pureed Raspberries
1/3 c Creamer or water
2 T Oil
8 oz (non-dairy) Sour Cream
1-2 tsp Raspberry Flavoring

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:59am
post #3 of 5

Previous post? icon_redface.gif Sorry, and thanks.

I neglected to mention I'm a scratch baker. Do you think I could just fold in some fresh / pureed raspberies (or frozen) at the last minute before baking? One cup per 3 cups flour? Does that sound right?

Thank you for helping. icon_smile.gif

Ariginal Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

Previous post? icon_redface.gif Sorry, and thanks.

I neglected to mention I'm a scratch baker. Do you think I could just fold in some fresh / pureed raspberies (or frozen) at the last minute before baking? One cup per 3 cups flour? Does that sound right?

Thank you for helping. icon_smile.gif

I too am a scratch baker but i play with recipes till i get what i am wanting and well the hubby and kids dont seem to mind nor do the boss and other worker hehe theyall make great guinea pigs lol...

I would try your own vanilla cake recipe and add in the raspberries and personally i would add a cup at a time until you get what looks, smells and even tastes right in its raw state... if you do it using only a 6" size cke then there is not much waste well no waste here thats for sure..

good luck let us know how you get on..

JessDesserts Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #5 of 5

Oh there's no need to apologize K2, I just didn't want you to think it was my original recipe!

Recently ( from the previous post) I learned that if you have an amazing 'base' recipe, you can add, subtract & delete anything you wish. The only limit would be your imagination!

I'm sorry I dont have a scratch recipe to offer you, but it might be as easy as typing "scratch WASC" into google? or another search engine?

If you already have one, then adding pureed raspberries and raspberry extract would make it great.

HTH's ( again) icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%