Had A Bakery Interview Today...

Decorating By allibopp5 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 12:36pm by Susie53

allibopp5 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 8

After a disappointing interview elsewhere yesterday, I had a wonderful interview with a very nice bakery nearby...and it went GREAT!! I will have to wait until the end of the week to find out for sure, but I have a good feeling about it. I'm pretty excited and wanted to share with "cake friends"! Cross your fingers for me!!

7 replies
julzs71 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #2 of 8

good luck

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:51am
post #3 of 8

woohoo!!

jlh Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:03am
post #4 of 8

I'm still a hobbyist, but have thought about applying for a job 'one of these days". Do you prepare a portfolio with pictures? What do they ask during the interview? Congratulations. That's awesome thumbs_up.gif

SweetSweetCreations Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:22am
post #5 of 8

Good Luck!

I think the bakeries in the city 40 miles from me will send you to classes at the junior college.(I live in the country) I know one does for sure and they are always looking for decorators.

allibopp5 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks,
jlh: I have a website with my pictures on it, so I emailed her that. I also have a portfolio that I took with me to the interview. At first, she asked me to make a cake and bring it to the interview, or make something at the bakery...but since I had the pictures, she didn't have me do that. I don't have any bakery experience, just experience doing cakes at home. I sure hope I get a call back!

lainalee Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:19pm
post #7 of 8

good luck, make sure you let us know

Susie53 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:36pm
post #8 of 8

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I took a l@@k at your gallery...your cakes are beautiful...you should easily get the job! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%