Suggestions Please...fear Factor Cake??????

Decorating By SweetSweetCreations Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 4:28am by auntmamie

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:26am
post #1 of 4

So I have a client that wants a cake for a fear factor theme party for twin 5 year old boys. I was thinking of suggesting the kitty litter box cake (how gross!!!!) any other ideas?

If anyone minds what would you charge for the kitty litter cake?

Thanks for the help

3 replies
RandomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RandomCakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 4

I just did the Kitty Litter Cake yesterday for April Fools today for school. I don't know what you would charge, but I can give you some tips.

You can use any type of cake for the bottom, it will be covered, unless you want the "full" effect, then crumble the cake.

I used buttercream frosting instead of pudding, I wasn't sure how the pudding would hold up not being refrigerated.

I used Little Debbie Brownies (the "Cosmic" ones, since there is a nut allergy in my daughter's class) instead of Tootsie Rolls. It's more realistic looking.

When running the cookies thru the food processor, I added Black food coloring gel, it made the "litter" look grey, which is more realistic looking. I then added Blue and Green sprinkles on top for the crystals.

My husband showed me that if you use your three middle fingers pressed together, with your thumb tucked in under your middle finger, you can press "paw prints" into the top.

The small litter box was about $2 and a scoop was $1 at the store. If making it for twins, you may either want two, or a large litter box was $5, so keep this in mind when calculating the cost.

Hope this helps!
LL

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

dont they always eat things on that show? bugs, eyeballs... maybe a spaghetti cake, with eye balls instead of meatballs?
or climb around with creatures like rats and snakes? which could just be an animal cake.
xx

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #4 of 4

I was at Wallyworld today, and in the toy section, they had three bins of creepy looking snakes, lizards, eyeballs, etc. I would frost a cake in chocolate, and attach a bunch of stuff like that, or make your own, and make a color flow or fondant sign that looks like the fear factor sign. OOH - and make the inside of the cake creepy too. how about "congealed" filling with red gelatin in it for blood? That would be freaky......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%