Disappointed With Bear Air :(

Decorating By Chippi Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm by iris711

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #1 of 17

I ordered the Aztek airbrush from Bear Air on the 27th. The shipping is $14.00, so I expected to receive it in a week or at most, 2. I just found out on their site its on back order! I was not notified or anything. Ok I'm venting but to me if they don't notify their customers of back orders then they must not be hurting for money. Arrrrrrrgh!!! It's just I know about customer service and I treat people exactly how I want to be treated. I'm so mad I could even share the return email I just sent him but I won't.

Anyone order from them? I know some have because I had read the forum that referred me to them. I hope its not just me but I know I am a very impatient person at times, especially w/ my cake decorating. I'm just bummed over this, I was all excited and my bubble got busted!!!!

Chippi icon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_sad.gif

16 replies
sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 17

Are you sure it's on backorder for your order? Also, many shipping rates go by the size of the package, location of where it's being shipped to, etc. So just because it's $14 (which is reasonable for an airbrush machine, imo), doesn't mean it will get there any quicker than any other package.

It has only been 4 days.. right? Maybe it will show up soon icon_smile.gif Unless I am assuming wrong and you ordered Feb. 27.. and well then you def have something to be bitching about icon_smile.gif

Chippi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:19am
post #3 of 17

Yea in my account it says on Back Order and says order not sent. No email or anything to let me know. Yea I'm bitchin but I'm disappointed that I was not notified. Says delivery is within 7 days or less. I'm overly excited to receive it I guess. But, I believe in customer service should be top priority if you own one. Thanks for talking with me on this. <frustrated and hubby's not around> haha

Chippi

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 17

Why don't you cancel it and then go to Harbor Freight. Look on the Roland A. Winbeckler site. He has a airbrush that he recommends. It is alot cheaper at harbor Freight though. I think it is close to you.

Chippi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:25am
post #5 of 17

Gonna go check it out Julzs, Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Chippi

Chippi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:52am
post #6 of 17

Hmmmm maybe I should wait a bit and see if Bear Air gets theirs in because I looked on Rolands site and he recommends the one I purchased but its 179.00 on his site and Bear Air is 119.00, plus a DVD. Big difference for the same brush. I did look at Harbor Freight and we do have one close, but they do not have Aztek. I am going to call them to make sure tomorrow. Thanks you guys for helping me and letting me vent.

Chippi icon_smile.gif

cakesarecool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesarecool Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:56pm
post #7 of 17

Hey Chippi, I too am looking to but an Aztek.

This e-bay store has a a slightly cheaper price:
http://tinyurl.com/dhabac

Ciao

Chippi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesarecool

Hey Chippi, I too am looking to but an Aztek.

This e-bay store has a a slightly cheaper price:
http://tinyurl.com/dhabac

Ciao

Thats a good deal. Mine will be here tomorrow, Bear Air got theirs in sooner than I thought they would. I just picked up the airbrush colors today so that I'll be all set to use it.

Wish me luck. lol
Chippi

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 17

I would cancel it go with the one on ebay as the shipping is less expensive and they have 10 in stock. Have they already charged your credit card? If so that is against the law. They can't charge a credit card until the item ships (I worked at a bank in the credit card department for 2 years).

Chippi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I would cancel it go with the one on ebay as the shipping is less expensive and they have 10 in stock. Have they already charged your credit card? If so that is against the law. They can't charge a credit card until the item ships (I worked at a bank in the credit card department for 2 years).

I would but mine is in transit and suppose to be here tomorrow. icon_smile.gif It would save me about 10 bucks but at this point I can't wait to get it. Thanks for info though, did you order one?

Chippi

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #11 of 17

No I didn't, I got one at ICES last year from Roland.

cakesarecool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesarecool Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #12 of 17

I have not ordered one yet.

I'm still on the edge. That airbrush is a bit out of my budget, since we don't have a compressor.

Here are the few other airbrushes I'm looking at:
http://tinyurl.com/ces2kt

Chippi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #13 of 17

One other reason I went with the one at Bear Air is that is has a video which I will most definitely need. icon_smile.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:59pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

which law would that be? I believe most credit card companies prohibit participating vendors from doing this as a practice, but I don't think it is actually illegal to do it.

edited to add: sorry, since in print that looks kind of snarky, but it isn't meant that way. i've seen this comment before in others forums and was curious to which law folks are referring is all.

iris711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris711 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #15 of 17

Hi, I was thinking of ordering an AIRBRUSH KIT from ebay, but I don't know much about this. I saw this one for $71.99 plus $12.95 s&h, the specifications is:

MASTER AIRBRUS BRAND MODEL G22- Precision Dual-Action Gravity Feed airbrush with a 0.3mm needle/nozzle and a 1/3 oz. gravity fluid cup and a 6' braided air hose. AIRBRUSH-DEPOT BRAND MODEL TC-16 maintenance free elephant shaped mini air compressor. 4 DIFFERENT AMERICOLOR BRAND AMERIMIST AIRBRUSH FOOD COLORS (0.7 oz. bottles). Do you think this is a good deal? I don't have any training on this and was hoping to teach myself of course it would be a trail and failure kind of a thing, but hey, we all learn from our mistakes. icon_smile.gif

Is this a good deal?

thanks for your input.

Chippi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris711

Hi, I was thinking of ordering an AIRBRUSH KIT from ebay, but I don't know much about this. I saw this one for $71.99 plus $12.95 s&h, the specifications is:

MASTER AIRBRUS BRAND MODEL G22- Precision Dual-Action Gravity Feed airbrush with a 0.3mm needle/nozzle and a 1/3 oz. gravity fluid cup and a 6' braided air hose. AIRBRUSH-DEPOT BRAND MODEL TC-16 maintenance free elephant shaped mini air compressor. 4 DIFFERENT AMERICOLOR BRAND AMERIMIST AIRBRUSH FOOD COLORS (0.7 oz. bottles). Do you think this is a good deal? I don't have any training on this and was hoping to teach myself of course it would be a trail and failure kind of a thing, but hey, we all learn from our mistakes. icon_smile.gif

Is this a good deal?

thanks for your input.

Hi......I'm new at it also. Here is a forum post on airbrushes that I read before ordering one so I hope it helps. I went with the Aztek 4709. Suppose to arrive tomorrow!

It's alot of reading but worth it:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=608279&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=105

HTH
Chippi

iris711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris711 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm
post #17 of 17

thanks I will try it.

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%