Writing On Gum Paste

Decorating By mary-ann Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 2:11am by Win

mary-ann Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 4

What does everyone use to write text on gum paste? I'm having a tough time getting professional results and could use some tips.
Mary Ann

3 replies
Win Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:05am
post #2 of 4

I use the Gourmet Color Writers (food color markers) produced by Americolor. They have a wide range of colors and last a long time. HTH!

BlakesCakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

I often use edible food markers. The Americolor markers are wide-ish point. The Foodoodlers are more fine point. Sometimes, if I have to match a color that is unavailable in the markers, I'll dip a toothpick in the proper gel/paste color and do it that way. I have some very fine paintbrushes, but I usually get stray lines that way.


Win Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #4 of 4

Oh, and I just received food color writers as a prize... they are by KopyKake. One end is fine and one is wide. I really like them as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%