1 Year Old's Pool Party, Help!

Decorating By Chelle06 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm by cylstrial

Chelle06 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 8

So I was asked to do a cake for a little boy's first birthday. they're having a pool party, and want a cake to go with that theme. I looked at quite a few cakes on here for inspiration, but nothing really jumped out at me. I'm thinking that for a 1 year old it should be cute and still babyish... and not just kids in a pool. anyone else have any ideas? I just feel stuck right now.

7 replies
cakes22 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 8

some ideas: an inflaitable baby pool; a floaty toy that goes around their waist; a beach ball or different pool toys;
Have you googled "kids pool party cakes"? You might find more ideas there.
Sorry I couldn't be more help...... icon_sad.gif

RandomCakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 8

I think an inflatable kiddie pool would be very cute. I've seen on a tv show where they used blue royal icing to make realistic looking water. You could do this for the inside, and maybe add a little rubber ducky and/or beach ball "floating" in the pool.

Hope this helps!

cupcakemkr Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 8

can you ask to see the invitations and use them for inspiration?
IMHO a pool party isn't really a babyish themed party to begin with. Maybe they just want a fun cake.

How about a pool with baby animals floating on tubes.

scociny Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 8

I thought this was a cute cake. It was in woman's day magazine a few years back. The name of it is water park cake, try doing a search on their website to find instructions. Good Luck!

pattycakesc Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 8

ive made a similar cake like the prev. pic its very simple the water is blue raspberry jello but you put it in the freezer and let it set up some before you pour it in the cake. also you ice the inside of the cut out pool so none of the jello soaks into the cake all the decorations are teddy grahams,friut stripe gum airheads pretzels i also used gummy savers for intertubes and put them around some of the teddies waist and i took some gum drops and hollowed them out to look like pails and free handed little shovels i also free handed the swim suits with colored icing it really turned out to be a cute cake hope this helps

Marysmom Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 8

How about a number '1' shaped pool. You could then make some floaties out of fondant, maybe even a cute baby in a little floatie.

cylstrial Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 8

Wow, scociny! That cake is awesome!! I wish I had that magazine now! I'll have to check out their website!

Quote by @%username% on %date%