Cake For Charity

Decorating By Enchantedcakes Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 1:21am by kakeladi

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to donate a cake for a fundraiser for a local childrens abuse sheltar. They told me I could make any cake I want to and that was it. I am at a loss. I am currently working on a roasted pig cake for a luau and an groom's cake in the shape of an otter, i only have animals on my brain. Help!! I need ideas!!!!!

7 replies
KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 8

How about something classic like "The Wizard of Oz"
You could even do something simple but still fun like Teddy Bears or Rubber Ducks?

Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 8

Have you seen the storybook cake here by dods? It's GORgeous and you could put any story you wanted.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1160562

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 8

It depends on how big/fancy/beautiful you want to go icon_wink.gif
Interested in doing a tiered cake? sheet? several small(er) rounds?
Give us some idea where to go w/this icon_smile.gif And how long before this needs to be done?

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #5 of 8

The cake is for April 25th. The Charity did not state what type of cake they wanted, they just want a donation for their fundraise, i do not want to do a simple sheetcake, the fundreaiser is at a 5 star hotel. I also do not want it to look like a wedding cake. It needs to be light hearted due to the nature of the charity. Any ideas are greatly apreciated.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #6 of 8

If it is at a 5 star hotel it could be alot of future business. I would do an amazing carved cake to really wow everyone. A dog or a Teddy Bear, something that represents confort to a child. Just a thought, good luck!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 8

It's nice to be given creative license! Perhaps, though, you could call back the event coordinator for the charity or the coordinator at the hotel, and ask if there is a theme or slogan for the event. You know, like "Wish Upon A Star" or something like that. The fundraisers I've attended often (but not always) have a core concept that drives the decor, the speeches, that kind of thing.

A bedtime story, a tale of happiness that sends a child drifting off to dreamland? "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown is a popular book that's been around for decades. A baby bunny says goodnight to all the things that bring him comfort in his room. So, for instance, a tiered cake could have many of these items from the book in fondant around the cake, or simply iced in BC. The top tier could have a sleepy bunny in his bed with a beautiful moon wired into the tier so it looks suspended above him. Just a thought...

I can't wait to find out what you end up doing! Please be sure to post pics, if you can! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%