Is There A Bc Shortcut Out There?

Decorating By Skyebaby Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 7:45pm by mellee

Skyebaby Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 6

Is there a way to make canned frosting work like the BC's made from scratch?

5 replies
cupcakebliss Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 6

My instructor from my Wilton classes told us to not use the Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc frostings to decorate cakes. If we wanted to use premade stuff, then buy the Wilton frosting that is pre-made which can be found in Michaels, Walmart or other places that sell Wilton products. I never tried the Wilton pre-made frosting, so not sure how it compares to homemade BC.

wverbest Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 6

I have use canned frosting in a pinch. I add powdered sugar to get it to the right consistency. Keep in mind I am new at this....LOL

Darth_Aerdna Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 6

A woman I work with insists that if you get the whipped frosting in a can, re- whip it and add flavoring it tastes loke homemade buttercream

I have not tried this, but she swears by it!

prterrell Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 6

Yuck! Canned frosting tastes horrible! I want my cakes to taste good and look good. I don't want to spend all the time it takes to decorate a cake if it's gonna end up tasting like chemicals and additives and preservatives! Gourmet takes time and it is time well spent!

mellee Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 6

Skyebaby, I don't think there is, but you can buy large 5-gallon containers of already made buttercream up at Sam's Club for a decent price. Call the one in your area and find out. Many people on this forum rave about Sam's Club frosting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%