Mixers

Decorating By AmandaLeigh00 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 6:22am by luvsfreebies72

AmandaLeigh00 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 4

I am fairly new to the cake decorating world and thus far have been using a handheld mixer. I have been watching for KitchenAids on ebay and craigslist, but just haven't been willing or able to shell out the money for one yet. I have of course come across some other brands and wanted to get some input from some of you who might be familiar. Anyone ever heard of a Cooks 700 watt mixer? Or any others that they feel get the job done?

Thanks!

3 replies
sweet1122 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 4

Here's my personal opinion, for what its worth... Stick with your handmixer until you're ready to get the KA. Anything else is not comparable. Its not just a brand gimmick or anything like that. There truly is a world of difference. You won't ever regret your KA when the day comes. Until then, I would stick with the handmixer and not waste buying something that will need to be replaced anyways...

You can watch sales, try amazon. I got mine at Kohls when I had a 30%off coupon. You can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20 coupon. I see a lot of great specials around the holidays. You'll catch a great deal and never regret it!

SweetSweetCreations Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:55am
post #3 of 4

I agree. I have only had my KA since December so I know you can do it with hand mixers (homemade icing and cakes) But it is a tool you will never know how you lived without. My husband kids around and says the KA would be the first thing I saved in a fire.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:22am
post #4 of 4

ITA

hold out for the real thing, baby! Until then use your handmixer. If you are afraid you will burn it out, I got a pretty decent one at walmart for $40. Hamilton Beach, 290w

check out the online retail outlet for KA. and go to retailmenot.com for a coupon code. I got my KA for $165, including tax. It's a refurbished one, on sale. It retails for about $450

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%