Mobile Food Vendor?? - Kitchen Rental Help

Business By CakeForte Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm by CakeForte

CakeForte Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 3

So I have a found a different temporary kitchen to rent while mine is under construction.

Well the county is requiring me to fill out the paperwork as a mobile food vendor. That is all fine and dandy except that they want me to list my car on the paperwork. This paperwork also states that I have to bring my car in for inspections to make sure it keeps food at proper temperatures, etc.

Well I have a problem with this because the wording on the paperwork implies that I am selling the food (cakes) from my car. Which I am not. So I do not want to list that I have a toyota corolla because it is not relevant. Especially since everything is done by order. It also says that I am agreeing to take my car back to the commissary...or something like that.

I might use my car to make a delivery....but that is different than taking my car for periodic inspections to make sure I am complying as a mobile food vendor with refrigeration units in my car..

I don't know if I really have a question....maybe I just need some clarification.

2 replies
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 3

Call the county and ask them. Tell them there are questions on the form that just don't apply to you, " what do you want me to put in here?" I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you.

CakeForte Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 3

So I hate it when people do no care about doing their job correctly, or they're just ignorant all around.

I went to the HD in person, with my mobile paperwork all filled out, even though I *knew* it was wrong. So I turned it in to the receptionist and asked again about the car thing. Well her boss overheard and was like..."oh just need to fill out the regular food establishment application."

I just wanted to tell the receptionist a big fat "I told you so!" just smiled and took the new form to fill out.

Anywho....It was an easy change and I got my new license right then for the kitchen I'm renting temporarily. Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%