Mobile Food Vendor?? - Kitchen Rental Help

Business By CakeForte Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm by CakeForte

CakeForte Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 3

So I have a found a different temporary kitchen to rent while mine is under construction.

Well the county is requiring me to fill out the paperwork as a mobile food vendor. That is all fine and dandy except that they want me to list my car on the paperwork. This paperwork also states that I have to bring my car in for inspections to make sure it keeps food at proper temperatures, etc.

Well I have a problem with this because the wording on the paperwork implies that I am selling the food (cakes) from my car. Which I am not. So I do not want to list that I have a toyota corolla because it is not relevant. Especially since everything is done by order. It also says that I am agreeing to take my car back to the commissary...or something like that.

I might use my car to make a delivery....but that is different than taking my car for periodic inspections to make sure I am complying as a mobile food vendor with refrigeration units in my car..

I don't know if I really have a question....maybe I just need some clarification.

2 replies
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 3

Call the county and ask them. Tell them there are questions on the form that just don't apply to you, ".....so what do you want me to put in here?" I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you.

CakeForte Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 3

So I hate it when people do no care about doing their job correctly, or they're just ignorant all around.

I went to the HD in person, with my mobile paperwork all filled out, even though I *knew* it was wrong. So I turned it in to the receptionist and asked again about the car thing. Well her boss overheard and was like..."oh no...you just need to fill out the regular food establishment application."

I just wanted to tell the receptionist a big fat "I told you so!" just smiled and took the new form to fill out.

Anywho....It was an easy change and I got my new license right then for the kitchen I'm renting temporarily. Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%