Carving A Castle It Possible?

Business By mamanof3 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm by mamanof3

mamanof3 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 8

Just wondering if it's possible to carve a castle cake. Has anyone done this? If so any tips? Or should I be thinking of making the towers/turrets seperately?

7 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 8

I can't see trying to carve a standing 3D castle out of a single cake, but I've done an all edible one. You can see it in the link below. I explain it pretty well in the caption.

tcakes65 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 8

I make my towers out of rice krispy treats and cover them in fondant. It's so much easier than trying to carve them out of cake.

Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 8

You may get more responses if you have this moved to the cake decorating forum. icon_smile.gif

cosmogurl Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 8

I made my towers by filling cake ice cream cones with batter. I used two for each tower one was inverted. Than I iced them.
Forgot to add besides some pictures of princesses I put on the cake the whole cake was edible. There is a photo in my profile

Carlymoon Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 8

I did a castle recently but chose not to go 3D for the sake of transporting it safely. However when I was getting Ideas for it the best bet I saw was the wilton castle cake set. It came with the turrets ect. so you would have to carve them. I think they have you cover them with fondant and attach with dowels. I'm pretty sure there are instructions on and user review if that helps.

eilidh Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 8

If you look in my pics I did a castle from as square cake as the main bit and then the four outside towers were made by stacking rounds of cut cake sandwiched with jam. I then buttercreamed the towers and then warpped in fondant separate from the cake. The top tower though is a hollow tube of gum paste just because the outside towers were enough cake for the party and left the square for the family to eat. If I can help you at all with it please pm me, I'm no expert but happy to help where I can!

mamanof3 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 8

Oops didn't realize where I had do i move the thread?

Quote by @%username% on %date%