Help Piping Gel Water

Decorating By cakecrazy09 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 1:03am by bcake1960

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to make water out of piping gel for the cake I'm working on. I have no idea how to do it. Do I just add color to the piping gel or do I add icing, gel and color? The cake will be traveling for several hours and it will be a couple of days before it's cut. Will the piping gel melt? I really like the look but I don't want it to be a mess before its served. TIA

5 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 6

No worries! you just add color to your gel put it on , it will set up and hold until....whenever!

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:19am
post #3 of 6

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #4 of 6

Hi. You just add a small amount of your blue coloring to your piping gel and mix. The piping gel will not melt any easier than bc will as long as it kept in reasonable temps. HTH K'ly

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:47am
post #5 of 6

Depending on the type of effect you're looking for, blue piping gel over blue icing makes really cool looking water. They don't need to be the same shade of blue, which makes it even cooler.

Piping gel doesn't taste that great, so a thin film over buttercream is preferable to a big blob of gel. Experiment with icing and gel on a practice board or cake pan to see what kinds of effects you can make. icon_smile.gif

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:03am
post #6 of 6

Does anyone flavor thier piping gel? Just wondering? I never have but you are right Dianelm it does not taste that great..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%