Golf Cake

Decorating By meomy Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 10:31pm by meomy

meomy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meomy Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

I've had a request for a golf themed cake. That's not posing a problem though. They requested a tiered cake, but they want the phrase,
"1st Annual Scott Putnam Benefit Golf Tournament" wrote on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a tiered cake kind of loose it's class with wording all over it? And so much wording at that. I've not seen many, if any tiered cakes like that. What do you guys out there in cake world think? Any creative ideas on this?

6 replies
doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 7

you could make a round/square fondant plaque or ribbon w/ the info on it.

Gets the point across w/out taking away from the cake.

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 7

I agree - the words printed on a fondant plaque placed of the front side of one of the tiers would be neat. I have a sketched design for a family golf tourney later this year that is a tiered cake with "18th Annual [tourney name]" written on the front of the middle tier. I plan to use tappits for the lettering, but you could easily pipe it directly on the cake or onto a plaque.

Bec

meomy Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 7

What's tappits?

NiteOwl4evr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteOwl4evr Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

You could also do a banner type plaque and put it on the cake board in front of the cake. Easily seen but doesn't take anything away from the cake. It really depends on how you are doing the cake itself. thumbs_up.gif

doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 7

Tappits are letter cutters. You can buy them from Global Sugar Art.

meomy Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:31pm
post #7 of 7

Since I have a horrid hand writing on cakes, could I attach an edible image of the wording to a banner of fondant or gumpaste? How would you attach it without the worry of bleeding the ink?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%