Fisher Price Theme?

Decorating By Boofycakes Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 11:11pm by KimAZ

Boofycakes Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for May for a Fisher Price themed baby shower cake to feed 50-60 guests. They know it's a boy, so I was thinking to keep with the primary color scheme. But I'm having a creative block! I looked up Fisher Price on here but I didn't get any results. I googled Fisher Price cakes and i got cakes with toys on them. I'm going to contact the customer and ask if she wants actual Fisher Price toys on the cake or not. But other than putting real toys on the cake, and maybe the Fisher Price logo, I'm not sure what else to do. Anyone have any good ideas for a stumped decorator? Thanks in advance!

5 replies
pipe-dreams Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 6

What a random, and very vague themeicon_smile.gif
You could pick one fisher price toy and replicate it. Or ask what the baby gear theme is, and make a cake in that theme. Like my friend had all butterfly gear(bedding,car seat, mobile). So in that case do a cake that resembles that. (I know it's a boy,just giving an example.
Good luck.

step0nmi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 6

yes, the only cake that I could do for fisher price was to put car toys on the cake...there is one in my photos.

you could maybe do baby blocks in primary colors!? I believe those are Fisher Price!

good luck!

KrissieCakes Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 6

What about a cake shaped like the shape sorter (it is yellow with a blue lid, with red, green, and blue shape blocks), or a stacked cake to look like the primary colored stacking rings. I saw a cake on here recently that looked like the FisherPrice Laugh and Learn puppy dog. It was adorable! Oh yeah...Duff and crew did a huge Fisher Price themed cake too...probably where these people got the idea.

KimAZ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 6

I did what I'd consider to be a baby toy cake with stacking donuts, a toy truck and blocks. I suppose they could all be Fisher Price toys. Maybe something to inspire you....

KimAZ
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%