Ahhhh!frustrated With Ices....

Decorating By kentuckyjode Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm by CoutureCake

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 16

Tried to register 3 weeks ago and have not gotten my number yet so that I can register for the convention. How do I know what classes have been closed already?

15 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 16

The lady that handles the registrations is very sick and in the hospital. They have other volunteers stepping in to try and get caught up. Please be patient.

Edited to correct first post. Don't know what happend to half of the words I typed ;-(

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 16

Yes, I know it's frustrating, but try to be patient. She's very ill and in the hospital right now. She is doing what she can and other volunteers are doing their best to pick up the slack.

krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 16

The lady that does the membership is in the hospital right now, she has terminal cancer.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 16

The ICES President asked me to post a thread about this very thing, which I did a few days ago. Yes, she's in the hospital. There are currently volunteers working to catch up on all the paperwork. Their goal is to have it all accomplished by April 1st, so be patient for a few more days!

Jodie

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 16

Thank you Jodie.

I'd also like to say, we had a Day of Sharing this past weekend, and all the members of Massachusetts are sending their love and prayers to her and her family!

kentuckyjode Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks for the info

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 16

Im sorry to hear about your frusteration. I registed back in january and it was handled right away.

To answer your question about the classes being filled - i registered for the convention last week and most of the classes were filled (sorry) but most of the demonstrations were still open.

JodieF Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 16

I just wanted to update......I finally received my ICES registration number yesterday and was able to register for the Conference today (Friday). The hands on classes were mostly filled for the days I can be there, but I did sign up for 7 demonstrations.

I am really looking forward to the Conference and hope to meet a lot of you there!

Jodie

kentuckyjode Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 16

Still haven't gotten mine yet and I am bummed because I know I won't get in any classes........poo

JodieF Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 16

kentuckyjode...I'm pm'ing you the email address of the new registration contact person.

kentuckyjode Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:35pm
post #12 of 16

JodieF..did I tell ya I luv ya!!?

JodieF Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:39pm
post #13 of 16

Kentuckyjode...*lol* tell me in person when I see you in St. Charles!

Jodie

JodieF Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:25pm
post #14 of 16

Kentuckyjode...did you ever get your registration straightened out??

Jodie

kentuckyjode Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #15 of 16

yes!she got back to me the day you gave me her email and got me registered in ICES! Thanks so much for your help...hope to run into you at the convention!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #16 of 16

Even if you don't get in to any of the hands-on classes there is still a TON of stuff to do at an ICES convention... I went down for just a day in Omaha a few years ago and managed to spend $600 in 4 hours with three trips to the car (was contemplating sending my clothes home via usps LOL)... Yea, I had fun :O)) I also stuck around for the Sunday Night of Sharing and had a blast (no charge)... Sometimes instructors (and just members in general) will bring leftovers to do some hands-on stuff so you never know. If I hadn't gone to the SNOS I'd have never learned my way around Wedding Cake Design Pro

I registered early and my DH can't figure out WHY I wanted to. I got into a few of the hands on classes but there were a few I wanted that I didn't. The thing to remember is if you ask most of the instructors, they'll tell you how to do it. Plus, you don't want to over schedule yourself as there is also a ton of stuff to do outside of the convention itself along with plenty of time on Sunday to hit the vendor room!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%