Need Ideas On How To Make The Cupcake Cookie Look Elegant

Baking By cookierookie Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 12:15am by cookierookie

cookierookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookierookie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 6

Ideas please! I have an order for baby's first birthday, mom wants the cupcake cookie cutter with that has the one candle on the top. Colors are hot pink and lime green. My initial thought was "oh, cute and fun with sprinkles, etc", then she told me that she didn't want cutesy, but elegant. Any ideas? Thanks!

5 replies
kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 6

i would make sure to put a lot of lines on the "cupcake paper". that will make it seem less cartoony. maybe some lustre dust on the "frosting".

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 6

you could also ice the cookie then put fondant accents (circles, hollow circles, stars,etc)

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 6

Check out some of the cupcake threads on Flickr(photo sharing site).

You'll get lots of ideas.

I'm assuming with those colors it is for a girl? Use lots of fondant flowers.

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 6

YOUR cookies are amazing,by the way... icon_smile.gif
How about doing all the "wrappers" in a dull gold,and make half of the tops pink,and half lime green...with either a dull gold,or the other colour candle...Then do a "swag" like a garland with the gold and tiny flowers(fondant cut outs or piped) with "dull" gold,it wouldn't be too flashy...
Shade in vertical lines on the wrappers with a brown,maybe..

cookierookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookierookie Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #6 of 6

Great ideas! Thank you all so much! I knew I came to the right place with my question. Now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight with all the ideas running through my mind.
And yes, the cookies are for a girl. I'm excited to make these, the family just adopted the little girl about 6 mos ago and are having a big celebration for her first birthday. I'm thrilled to have a part in their/her big day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%