Anyone Ever Make Instruments Out Of Sugar??

Decorating By confectionaryperfection Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm by underthesun

confectionaryperfection Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 5

like drums, trumbone, ect,,,,,,

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 5

Depends on what you mean by sugar icon_smile.gif
Fondant or gumpaste works great for these.
There are candy molds one can use also......either filled w/melted choco or fondant or gp.

PinkZiab Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, what do you mean by "sugar"? Sugar paste (fondant, gumpaste, etc), pastillage, or pulled/blown/cast sugar?

I've haven't done instruments yet, but I did make tools (hammer, pliers, etc) out of pulled and blown sugar in culinary school--so much fun. I really wish I had more reasons to work with sugar... I may start incorporating some of it into my cakes icon_wink.gif

confectionaryperfection Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

gumpaste or fondant i got this cake pic to day but they want more instruments aside from the drum set
LL

underthesun Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 5

Although, this is my first attempt using fondant and gum paste, I got brave and posted the photo. I used gum paste and googled photos of instruments in order to shape these by hand. They are not perfect, again, my first attempt, but it wasn't difficult. They did take 24 hours to dry in order to handle. I know this because I broke two after picking them up after several hours.

Can't figure out how to add the image or URL, but hopefully you can navigate to it. icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1338908.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%