I Need A Deployed Soldier To Adopt, Please Help!!!

Baking By SugarBakerz Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 11

my operation baking gals team "SugarBakerz Sweeties" needs a solider for this round of mailouts. I hope this will generate more than 1 result as we have many rounds to go, but I need one ASAP... if you have a spouse, friend, son, daughter, relative who is deployed right now and has not already been adopted by Operation Baking Gals, please pm with your information. I will need a photo, a bio, and a mailing address pretty quickly as mailouts begin April 1.... my original soldier has slipped through the cracks on a secret special ops assignment and can't be reached, so any help from my CC buddies would be AWESOME!!! PM me icon_smile.gif

10 replies
HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 11

Oh, that's so nice of you! I don't know of anyone right now, my husband and his friends are all out of the military, but could you call your local recruiters office? Or are you looking for someone that you know through the grapevine? I will ask my sister-in-law, she may know people, but I'm sure someone here will beat me to it.

SugarBakerz Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 11

At this point, any submission would do icon_smile.gif I don't think the local recruiters can give out information, so it is probably going to have to be someone who knows someone...

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 11

I was going to volunteer my husband, but he'll be coming home in early May (praise God! It's been 14 MONTHS!), so they've advised that we stop sending mail as of 4/1.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 11

I just checked my e-mail and she hasn't written me back yet. I will keep checking throughout the day. Her husband is a drill instructor in the Marines so I know that they must know somebody. Hopefully she will write back soon!

SugarBakerz Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 11

thanks ladies... I hope we get someone soon!

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #7 of 11

I have a group of young single mp's who just deployed, as well as a single pilot who is doing a deployment with the marines. Just write me at [email protected] I'll give you their addresses

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #8 of 11

I have a group of young single mp's who just deployed, as well as a single pilot who is doing a deployment with the marines. Just write me at [email protected] I'll give you their addresses

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #9 of 11

I have a 25 year old cousin over there now if you still need someone.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:16pm
post #10 of 11

It looks like you found some people, good! My SIL wrote back but didn't know of anyone. I guess it's a good thing though, I mean, if you asked people a year or two ago it seems like EVERYBODY knew of some relative or neighbor who was over there. They're coming home, YEAH!!

SugarBakerz Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #11 of 11

ladies who have posted you ave soldiers, please email me directly at [email protected] and put Deployed soldier in your subject line. I will put them into our database for other teams... we do rounds every month, so they can be in the next line up.

Thanks to Franluvsfrosting for nominating her nephew PFC Quiqley. I chose him because I needed the information ASAP and was able to provide an addy.

Again ladies, please send me your deployed soldiers information. If you know their tentative deployment end that would be great too, that way we can get baking for them before they head home. Again we do this pretty much on a monthly basis. When OBG doesn't do a round I do a private round, so again, any information would be great! If you are interested in baking for our troops, please check out www.bakinggals.com or my team blog at www.sugarbakerzsweeties.blogspot.com for more information. God Bless our military and God Bless America! usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%