Fluffy Frosting

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm by mellee

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:49am
post #1 of 2

I am looking for a fluffy frosting recipe. It almost looks like whipped cream. I have seen it used on like food network and ace of cakes.. I am doing a birthday cake for my brothers girlfriend and I want a fluffy frosting. Mine that I use is more on the thick side.. Thanks!!

Also, I am looking for a really simple cake design. I looked in the gallery but everyone's is fancy and has a lot of work to it. lol.. I am doing 2 rectangle sizes cakes stacked on each other and I just want something real simple to do.. If anyone has something like this and would e-mail it to me I would really appreciate it.. My e-mail is:

todd n trisha@ verizon.net (Without spaces)

1 reply
mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 2

Hi, Trish. Try a mock whipped cream frosting.

1 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar, regular or powdered
2-3 tsp of flavoring

Whisk together the milk and flour VERY WELL so there are no lumps, and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick. Immediately pour into a bowl and let cool to room temperature.

Mix the shortening, sugar, and flavoring in a stand mixture until creamed and well combined. Peel off the "skin" that has formed on the cooled milk mixture and empty the bowl contents into the shortening mixture. Mix well until fluffy. If you use regular sugar you will have to mix for a while until it is completely dissolved. Powdered sugar should dissolve faster.

A tip a lady gave on this forum recently was to immediately cover the bowl of milk and flour with saran wrap, pressed right down to the mixture and sealed, so that a skin doesn't form. Allow it to cool that way.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%