Brushes - Wich Are Ok?

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm by imamommy1205

nikki72905 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 6

I need to get some brushes so that I can "paint, use luter dusts" What brands are the best and where can you get them?

I have used the Wilton ones (and they put brissles all over my stuff) I used a med. brand at AC Moore and it did the same thing, what am I doing wrong, what do I have to do, and where can I get them.


5 replies
bakingatthebeach Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:09am
post #2 of 6

I went to the painting section of Michaels. They had a large variety of brushes (12 or 16) for 4.99. They worked great for me and the brush tips are a variety of sizes.

kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 6

Yah, just any good selection from the art dept at Michael's or such.

chelleb1974 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 6

I'll echo what the last two posters said, I just went to the art department at Michaels and bought some decent quality brushes and use them only for my petal and luster dusts.

jlh Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 6

Look at Michaels art section for brushes. The better quality brushes are usually sold separately (not in a pack). The combo packs are attractive cost-wise, but watch the quality. A good brush's bristles will be soft to the touch, but will be compact (ie. more per square inch). I find the softer and thinner the bristle, the better. I think brushes are definitely one of those things ..."you get what you pay for". Good luck. Save your 40% coupons. thumbs_up.gif

imamommy1205 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 6

I got mine at Walmart and they very well may be the same ones they sell at Michaels (I have found many of the same art/craft/cake decorating products at both places).

Quote by @%username% on %date%