Brushes - Wich Are Ok?

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm by imamommy1205

nikki72905  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 6

Hi!
I need to get some brushes so that I can "paint, use luter dusts" What brands are the best and where can you get them?

I have used the Wilton ones (and they put brissles all over my stuff) I used a med. brand at AC Moore and it did the same thing, what am I doing wrong, what do I have to do, and where can I get them.

Thanks!

5 replies
 bakingatthebeach  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:09am
post #2 of 6

I went to the painting section of Michaels. They had a large variety of brushes (12 or 16) for 4.99. They worked great for me and the brush tips are a variety of sizes.

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 6

Yah, just any good selection from the art dept at Michael's or such.

chelleb1974  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 6

I'll echo what the last two posters said, I just went to the art department at Michaels and bought some decent quality brushes and use them only for my petal and luster dusts.

jlh  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 6

Look at Michaels art section for brushes. The better quality brushes are usually sold separately (not in a pack). The combo packs are attractive cost-wise, but watch the quality. A good brush's bristles will be soft to the touch, but will be compact (ie. more per square inch). I find the softer and thinner the bristle, the better. I think brushes are definitely one of those things ..."you get what you pay for". Good luck. Save your 40% coupons. thumbs_up.gif

imamommy1205  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 6

I got mine at Walmart and they very well may be the same ones they sell at Michaels (I have found many of the same art/craft/cake decorating products at both places).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%