Sewing Basket Cake With Sewing Accessories.

Decorating By Tee-Y Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm by Tee-Y

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:45am
post #1 of 10

I need to make a cake with decorative sewing basket and a lot of sewing acessories.Please does anyone have a link I can see just to get ideas of how to go about it.

9 replies
solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:15am
post #2 of 10

Sorry I can't help you,but your cakes are awesome anyway.I'm sure you would get some help soon from here.

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:14am
post #3 of 10
bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:51am
post #4 of 10

One of my first cakes was a sewing/crafting cake. I didn't know much about what I was doing but had a blast attempting it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1239386

Good luck

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 10:59am
post #5 of 10

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1337277

Try search gallery and put the keyword: sewing, you will get plenty fabolous works to browse!

Tee-Y Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks so much solascakes,Bettinashoes,always cakes for your responses. I finally got it underway, hope to upload the pic. when I'm done.

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 10

I made "sewing needles" from melted white choc. and painted them w/ silver dust; made a measuring tape with a long strip of fondant marked w/ food pens; spools of thread w/ fondant and the thread was melted choc. piped around the spools; scissors and buttons were chocolate flow; material was fondant. HTH a little. I think I got the button and scissor template from The Whimsical Bakehouse book.

Mel Mc
LL

stephbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephbakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 10

I borrowed a big ole book called "The Ultimate Book of Birthday Cakes" from my library (it has a clown cake on the cover) and on page 154-156 there is an amazing sewing box cake with detailed directions. Its really great--there is even a needle threaded through a little scrap of "fabric". It does call for some pastillage, but looking at it, everything could be done with gumpaste.

I'll try to scan the image for you and post...

stephbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephbakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 10

I borrowed a big ole book called "The Ultimate Book of Birthday Cakes" from my library (it has a clown cake on the cover) and on page 154-156 there is an amazing sewing box cake with detailed directions. Its really great--there is even a needle threaded through a little scrap of "fabric". It does call for some pastillage, but looking at it, everything could be done with gumpaste.

I'll try to scan the image for you and post...

Tee-Y Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all, even though I did not do the sewing basket this was what I eventually did still using some sewing accessories, inspired by someone on CC. Oops image too large it says, anyway its the cinderella cake in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%