Candy Bar Wrapper Software

Sugar Work By Pat317 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm by cutthecake

Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #1 of 15

Have any of you purchased any of the software offered online? Were you happy with it? Since I have just the basic computer skills, is this the best way to go?

14 replies
teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 15

When you say basic skills, just how basic? I have not bought any software and I do wrappers all the time. I use Microsoft publisher. With software you buy for wrapping candy bars you can sometimes be limited with designs and clipart that you can use. If you are just looking to be able to drop text in and print that is probably the way to go, but if you want to use your own creative ideas, then you may want to go antoher way.

teddybr218 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 15

When you say basic skills, just how basic? I have not bought any software and I do wrappers all the time. I use Microsoft publisher. With software you buy for wrapping candy bars you can sometimes be limited with designs and clipart that you can use. If you are just looking to be able to drop text in and print that is probably the way to go, but if you want to use your own creative ideas, then you may want to go antoher way.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 15

I have the microsoft program teddybr218 is talking about and printshop propublisher deluxe. I am computer illiterate as it gets. The work for me for exverything. Wrappers from minis to full size bars, cookies, candies, and tins. I also use it for labels on boxes. I think a special program will limit you and cost way to much for any real benefit. IMHO

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 15

I purchased WrapCandy two years ago and have gotten so much use for it. I am horrible with computers, but was able to figure it out. With the purchase you also get access to their forum which is AMAZING help.

That is how I got started with my business. I would do paint cans, pens, candy, wrap EVERYTHING that didn't run away. I then moved into cakes, cookies and candy.

Good luck and feel free to email me if you need help with anything.

Pat317 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:59am
post #6 of 15

I am sooooo embarrassed to be posting a reply so late to you ladies. Too long a story but I just got a chance to look at it. I really have very limited skills. I'm sort of self taught. Is this Microsoft Publisher built in my computer? I'm up to snuff on all my updates. I would really prefer to use my own art work. Thanks to all who offered me help.

teddybr218 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 15

Publisher is a Microsoft product and comes with some packages on computers, but more often not.

You can do it in Microsoft Word but to me it is much harder.

Pat317 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:58am
post #8 of 15

teddybr218, Can I purchase Microsoft Publisher as an add on to my computer? How do I know if I have it? I apologize for my stupidity.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #9 of 15

I too have wrapcandy and love it!!! Not real computer smart either but I was able to put my g-daughter's pic on wrappers. Well worth the money!

teddybr218 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:03pm
post #10 of 15

You can look on the start menu and if it is not right try looking under, microsoft office. Yes you can purchase it separately and I am not sure of the cost, it with my computer.

teddybr218 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:04pm
post #11 of 15

You can look on the start menu and if it is not right try looking under, microsoft office. Yes you can purchase it separately and I am not sure of the cost, it with my computer.

Can I ask if this is a one time thing or are you looking to do this as a "business"? That could make a difference into what you are looking for.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:19pm
post #12 of 15

Those of you who use Microsoft Publisher:
Can you please tell me how you then design the wrappers, etc.? Is there a template, or do you have to create one? I don't know how the program works.
Thanks.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:02pm
post #13 of 15

I've seen this and always wanted to do it. Can you guys give us some info on how it is done ?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:06pm
post #14 of 15

this is a brief tutorial that will get you started:

Please note:

> this is the 2007 version, the 2003 version is substantially the same.

> my toolbars have been custom arranged to best fit my screen and the way I work-- they can be dragged to any side of the screen. Your toolbars will be in different locations when you first start. Put then where you like them.

> Remember -- PLAY!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #15 of 15

Wow!
Thanks, Doug!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%