Which Buttercream To Use For Fbct?

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 11:06pm by indydebi

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 8

Is there a certain buttercream that I should use for a Frozen Buttercream Transfer? Is there one that I shouldn't? Is one recipe better for this than another?

Thanks for any and all help.

Very much appreciated.

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:58am
post #3 of 8

According to the tutorial in the articles section it is best to use a bc recipe that it atleast 1/2 butter to shortening ratio so that the transfer can release from the wax paper better.

Here's the link to the article and there's a link to the recipe she uses in it as well.

http://cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Mickeebabe Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you both.

indydebi, I'd like to try your recipe some time but I can't find the Dream Whip. icon_sad.gif

indydebi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeebabe

Thank you both.

indydebi, I'd like to try your recipe some time but I can't find the Dream Whip. icon_sad.gif

Walmart.....aisle 8 ..... above the marshmellows .... next to the jello .... red and blue box.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Thank you both.

Walmart.....aisle 8 ..... above the marshmellows .... next to the jello .... red and blue box.

Too funny Debi! I remember reading another post where you said you knew more than the employees!!! icon_lol.gif

Mickeebabe Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 8

Does anyone know if this recipe (the one with the tutorial) would also be a good one to cover the cake too?

Thank you.

indydebi - Does your icing have to be refrigerated before and after putting it on a cake? Or not at all.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

According to the tutorial in the articles section it is best to use a bc recipe that it atleast 1/2 butter to shortening ratio so that the transfer can release from the wax paper better.

Here's the link to the article and there's a link to the recipe she uses in it as well.

http://cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:06pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

indydebi - Does your icing have to be refrigerated before and after putting it on a cake? Or not at all.

I never refrigerate my cakes ... iced or not. Never refrigerate the icing. The only time it is placed in a "cold" place is when I'm making FBCT's. Once it's on the cake ... it's on the counter until pick up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%