Need Ideas For Tinkerbell Cupcakes

Decorating By turtlemom Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 1:54am by turtlemom

turtlemom Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 8

Hello, I have a request for Tinkerbell decorated cupcakes. I will be making 2 1/2 dozen. The person said decorate any way...I am not sure what to do. I feel like I need to do something tink on each one but not sure how to do it. I believe they want something edible on each one (no plastic rings or figures). I looked in the galleries and saw a lot of flowers, but that does not say Tink all over it. Any suggestions would help. my ideas were wings, tinks face, bugs, flowers? I have never seen the movie so any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! Kelly PS she does not want a cupcake cake...

7 replies
prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #2 of 8

Due to the copyright laws, I would not do any actual images of Tinkerbell. I'd just pipe flowers on the cuppies and the customer can purchase Tinkerbell pics to put on herself.

dandelion56602 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 8

I always think of her wand & pixie dust. Maybe some wands & sanding sugar? I think the wings idea is cute too--there's a couple topics that discuss gelatin wings. The movie link may give you ideas

turtlemom Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks so much for the link! Hopefully I can get some ideas from that.

londonpeach Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 8

I made a cake with a picture of Tinkerbell on it (was for a friends daughter so I didn't sell it icon_wink.gif ) and I used edible glitter falling from the wand.
Just an idea, but what about cutting out little wands from gumpaste or similar to stick out of the cup cakes with glitter on the cake.
As you can see, i've not got a very good imagination icon_redface.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 8

One of my facebook friends is a girl I went to high school with named Kelly. Anyway, she posted this pic of really pretty Tink cupcakes... I know you said all edible, but these are really pretty!

dandelion56602 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 8

If you want to do wands you could dip small pretzel sticks in chocolate and attach a small fondant star & you wont have to worry about them being too soft & falling over

turtlemom Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #8 of 8

Thanks again everyone!! You all have gave me some great ideas!! Thanks for all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%