Thankfully Cc Is Back! Missed You All!

Lounge By Deb_ Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 12:13am by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 48

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever get back on here today. 8 hrs without CC, I was beginning to go through withdrawals icon_lol.gif

47 replies
veejaytx Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 48

I'll second that! Sure glad its back

AuntEm Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 48

What was going on? I could view everything but it wouldn't let me log in. so I couldn't post.

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 48

Same here auntem. I was on about 2:30 this afternoon and all of a sudden my screen blinked and when it came back up I was logged out and all the forum times went back to about 11:00 a.m. Then I couldn't log-in either. icon_confused.gif

Must have been some technical problem, it was weird that there was no message like "performing maintenance" or something like it usually says when it's down.

Glad it's O.K. now!

KellBell22 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 48

I was beginning to think that I lost my mind! Or forgot my password...something that isn't that unusual for me... Glad CC is back now though!!

tjrobin31 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:59am
post #6 of 48

i must've emailed myself my password 6 times before i realized it just wasn't working. glad it's finally working, was about to suffer withdrawals.

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:13am
post #7 of 48

And here I was thinking I posted a no no.... and was no longer registered icon_lol.gif I'm glad it's up and running too! Today is definitely my cake day - get to watch the challenges, Ace of Cakes and get on CC.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:53am
post #8 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrobin31

i must've emailed myself my password 6 times before i realized it just wasn't working. glad it's finally working, was about to suffer withdrawals.




ditto!!

kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 48

I was ready to **KILL** some nameless good-for-nothing for changing something on my computer.
I had the same problem on another site.......so I figured he'd done some mean thing!
Sooooooo glad to have my 'family' back in touchicon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #10 of 48

But there's always a bright side ...... I got a LOT of work done yesterday afternoon! Worked on a mass mailing project that I'd been putting off, creating a mailing list of about 300 addresses, wrote the cover letter, fine-tuned the attachments. Then did a 2nd email mailing project to about 25 wedding planners.

That "addiction" notice needs to be bigger! I'm always amazed at how much I can get done when CC is down! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

janelwaters Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:32pm
post #11 of 48

I tought for some reason I had been banned!! haha!!

the sad part is that I ended up having to watch my childs cartoons - bad cartoons at that! and then I had to work on taxes!! Sucks when CC is down.

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #12 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I was ready to **KILL** some nameless good-for-nothing for changing something on my computer.
I had the same problem on another site.......so I figured he'd done some mean thing!
Sooooooo glad to have my 'family' back in touchicon_smile.gif




I wasn't expecting you to say something like that Lynne, icon_lol.gif but I can definitely see how you could have thought it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

But there's always a bright side ...... I got a LOT of work done yesterday afternoon! Worked on a mass mailing project that I'd been putting off, creating a mailing list of about 300 addresses, wrote the cover letter, fine-tuned the attachments. Then did a 2nd email mailing project to about 25 wedding planners.

That "addiction" notice needs to be bigger! I'm always amazed at how much I can get done when CC is down! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif




Debi I can't believe you actually got something done. My mind was on CC all day. Are you sure your addicted?? icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I tought for some reason I had been banned!! haha!!




That's what I thought too. Good thing I could still get onto CC (as a non-member) and see that the word "unregistered" was not under one of my posts.
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #13 of 48

LOL!! We're all SICK ya know! I thought I was banned too and also checked to see if "unregistered" was under my name. icon_lol.gif

I thought for sure it had something to do with me asking if anyone knew what happened with Chutzpah because that thread was erased.

All I can say to that is I hope it doesn't go down again anytime soon or my husband will expect all that attention every Sunday! icon_biggrin.gif Did I tell you how much we enjoy having the house to ourselves again now that the kids are both in college? icon_cool.gif

In September when they both left I was crying for days, now I'm saying "Oh no, school is almost over" icon_cry.gif "They'll be home again" icon_cry.gif

Just kidding icon_wink.gif

janelwaters Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #14 of 48

that is so funny that yu checked your posts - I checked to see if my pics were still there!!! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:27pm
post #15 of 48

Hey, maybe it was some sort of sick experiment..........they probably kept track of how many times each of us tried to log-in or had our password e-mailed to us! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:27pm
post #16 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

LOL!! We're all SICK ya know! I thought I was banned too and also checked to see if "unregistered" was under my name. icon_lol.gif

I thought for sure it had something to do with me asking if anyone knew what happened with Chutzpah because that thread was erased.




Yup, gotta agree about the SICKNESS!! icon_lol.gif I was thinking about posting a thread about her too but then thought against because I figured it would be erased. That's why I was being sneaky and posted it in the thread about where did they all go?? detective.gificon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

that is so funny that yu checked your posts - I checked to see if my pics were still there!!! icon_lol.gif




Janel, Deb is right it's definitely a sickness! I not only checked my posts but my pics too!

indydebi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #17 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Debi I can't believe you actually got something done. My mind was on CC all day. Are you sure your addicted??



icon_lol.gif Absolutely! I added 5 addresses to my list ... check CC to see if it's up .... add 5 addresses .... check CC.

A never ending cycle! dunce.gif

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #18 of 48

Did I mention to you guys that I even tried registering again..... I think the withdrawal symptoms came on to quick. I was trying to get another fix right away icon_lol.gif . Who knows, maybe I'll be the newest lurker in our midst.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

janelwaters Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #19 of 48

This is so funny!! We have SERIOUS issues!!

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm
post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Debi I can't believe you actually got something done. My mind was on CC all day. Are you sure your addicted??


icon_lol.gif Absolutely! I added 5 addresses to my list ... check CC to see if it's up .... add 5 addresses .... check CC.

A never ending cycle! dunce.gif





I can just picture you doing that too. Did you continue when you went to the loo????? Now, that is a sign of a true addict!!!

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:09pm
post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Did I mention to you guys that I even tried registering again..... I think the withdrawal symptoms came on to quick. I was trying to get another fix right away icon_lol.gif . Who knows, maybe I'll be the newest lurker in our midst.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif




I was afraid to admit THAT!!! I tried to register again too. I sat here for a few minutes trying to come up with a new screen name. icon_cool.gif

OK here's what else I did..........I started reading the Wilton Forums on their site! tapedshut.gif I can't believe I just told you guys that! My God those things are so boring.........there's no "Lounge" over there icon_confused.gif

Alright everyone........fess up, what else did you do while CC was down?

AuntEm Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:16pm
post #22 of 48

Yeah I did all all the above. (except for going to the Wilton forms.)
What really had me concerned was it wouldn't email me my password. Wondered if I has banned, surely not I've never said anything rude to any one. Oh wait maybe it was for blabbing about the cake catacombs icon_surprised.gif

Tried to register again. Normally I wouldn't of but some people had answered my questions on a thread. I didn't want to seem ungrateful by not thanking them.

indydebi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #23 of 48

Ok, I confess! I also checked a previous post to see if I was still registered! icon_redface.gif (Although God knows *I* rarely say anything that might pi$$ someone off! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

mommyle Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #24 of 48

Ok, Ok, Ok... I actually e-mailed to see if I was banned, because I wasn't smart enough to see if I was Unregistered. Boy, do I feel stupid!!! I just sat with my laptop on my lap, watching kids tv, getting over my birthday party from the night before... I finally caught on that there was a problem with the site and not with me when the photos had turned over a couple of times, but the posts hadn't. It was right about the same time that the tequila wore off. Geesh!!!!

janelwaters Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:13pm
post #25 of 48

I confess - I also tried to re-register. I was also looking through cake images on google because I had nothing else to do..... it was a sad sad night!

Oh and I chatted with Serenatea on email - she had the same problem with signing in.

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #26 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Ok, I confess! I also checked a previous post to see if I was still registered! icon_redface.gif (Although God knows *I* rarely say anything that might pi$$ someone off! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )




Now that's funny....I can't imagine anyone getting pissed with anything you posted icon_lol.gif ....... icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I confess - I also tried to re-register. I was also looking through cake images on google because I had nothing else to do..... it was a sad sad night!

Oh and I chatted with Serenatea on email - she had the same problem with signing in.




I googled all kinds of cake pics yesterday too. I had no one to email to check if they had any problems but I did go to cakecentral blog to see if there were any messages there about not being able to login.

Oh, one more confession out of me. I went to the contact tab on cake central and opened a ticket about this too.. I'm so pathetic icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif , I can't do without my cc fix.

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #27 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

I did go to cakecentral blog to see if there were any messages there about not being able to login.




There's a cakecentral blog? How do you get to that? Wait, maybe you shouldn't tell me............no, it's OK you can tell me icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

I did go to cakecentral blog to see if there were any messages there about not being able to login.



There's a cakecentral blog? How do you get to that? Wait, maybe you shouldn't tell me............no, it's OK you can tell me icon_biggrin.gif




icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I think I'm becoming an enabler icon_lol.gif

I just go to the site to see if the server's down. I haven't looked into it any further than that (yet icon_wink.gif ).

http://cakecentral.blogspot.com/

Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #29 of 48

That's OK we're all "enabling" each other so it's all good icon_lol.gif

I got excited when I heard CC blog.......I thought it might be a spot we could all "chat" when CC goes down.

We should make a place like that just in case, kind of like a "bomb shelter for CC addicts" icon_razz.gif

xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #30 of 48

I like your thinking Deb! CC outside of CC. I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%