Painting A Rug

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 3

I could use some advice. I have a request for a Big Lebowski cake. If you do a search you can see one that Duff Goldman did of a rug that is to look like the one in the movie with a toe on the rug. My customer wants one like this. I have found a picture of the rug from the movie and am trying to decide how to acomplish the pattern on the rug. I do not have a air gun and will need to do it by hand. Can you tell me which way you would go about it? Would you start with a white background or red? If red how would you accomplish the lighter tones in the pattern? Another way I could go would be to start with a background and add thin piecies of fondant to make the pattern. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 3

You may get a response if you post a picture of what you are talking about. Either way, here's a bump.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 3

I do not have a picture to post but sufice to say that it is a detailed persian rug with a red background and alot of designs on it. Basically i just need some guidance on painting on fondant. How to use the food coloring i.e. watering it down or full strength paste colors. How to do the lighter colors, etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%