Cake Pan Anyone

Decorating By szakacs Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm by szakacs

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 8

Sorry if someone has asked this before..but I cant seem to find my way around here that well!!!
I am new to the cake world and would like to know what cake pans everyone is using???
I want to go buy some and im guessing it would be wilton.
Also if im going to be making a cake do I want to buy more then 1 of the same size so I can do the layers at the same time or is it not necessary.
Do spring foam pans work ok for baking as well??

Also on another note if I try to search in the "search tool" I always get
"No results found in articles"...why is this?? Is there any easier way to find something rather then going through all the forum topics???
for example I was trying to find cake flavors and got nothing then I searched around and the forums and found "HELP! Gourmet flavors" that is already an existing topic so I typed that in the search and still nothing came up??, WHY?? anyone???
Thanks for all your help...

7 replies
bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 8

Welcome to CC and the cake world in general!!
Be aware it is a vortex that will suck you in!
As far as pans go, I really love magic line pans. I have all brands, but my magic line are the best deal. You can usually find them at a cake supply that is not Michaels. I frequently use Wilton products, but I find them to be more expensive. I never use spring-form.

dettdunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dettdunn Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 8

I invested in Magic Line pans years ago and use them constantly today. I have a double set of each round size plus square, rectangle, etc. I have never been disappointed in this brand. Good luck in your search.

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 8

I buy a lot of Wilton with 40% off, but they are not the best quality. I think most people prefer magic line.

I know what you mean about the search. It used to work fine for me when I first signed up but now it is unpredictable, I wish I could help. I just search through the topics and if I have to go back more than three pages, I just start a new thread. If a similar thread has been done, often someone will post the original thread. I hate that though as I don't want to appear that I haven't tried to find the info on my own first.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 8

Magic Line pans are the top of the line pan. You'll love them if you can afford them. I also like my Fat Daddios pans. And I feel I've had very good luck with my Wilton pans. If that's what you can afford and what is available to you, they are decent, durable pans. It's very nice to have two of each size so you can bake two at a time.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 8

You'll want to buy 2 of each size pan. I have 2 of 4", 6", 8", 10", 12"... also 2 9x13. I only have 1 11x15 and 1 12x18, but doubles of those are on my list. It just makes it far easier to bake everything at once instead of waiting for the pan to cool and wash to reuse. For me I'm not a huge fan of springform pans for cakes. They leave the bottoms of my cakes with ridges, and I like them as smooth as possible. (I use the bottom of the layer for the top of the cake).
Actually, I have more than that many pans, because I've been replacing all of my WIlton with either Fat Daddios or Magic Line. The ONLY reason I like Fat Daddios is cause I can pop them in the dishwasher to clean. I prefer Magic Line because they are made in the USA- but that's just my preference. They are both good pans.
As far as search goes- the articles section is limited to everything on the articles tab at the top of the page. You'll find far more info in the forums, but sometimes "search" is quirky lately and doesn't give full results.
HTH

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 8

Magic Line. You can purchase them on Amazon with free shipping.

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone for all your helpful answers...I will be on the look out for Magic line
and will also try my best to search through this site...LOL
Thanks again!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%