What Do You Use To Attach Fondant Accents?

Decorating By ranbel Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:34am
post #1 of 6

What do you use to attach fondant accents onto fondant icing? Is royal icing the best practice or is there another source you like better?

Thanks for sharing.

5 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #2 of 6

Fresh fondant accent to fresh or dry fondant--I use water.

Dried fondant accent to dry fondant--I use gum glue (fondant, gum paste, gum tex, or tylose dissolved in some water) 90% of the time, royal icing the rest of the time (usually for design reasons).

HTH
Rae

ranbel Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks alot. My accents wll be dried hard. I plan to cover my cakes with fondant saturday morning. The wedding is at 5pm. I done very little fondant covered cakes. I don't want the fondant to harden before it is served. The cakes will be iced with b/c and then covered with fondant, will the fondant stay fairly soft for that amount of time?

Thanks

dettdunn Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 6

I brush a little vodka on the back on the fondant piece; vodka will evaporate wit no tell-tale signs. I've never had an issue doing this. Good luck!

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 6

I actually have attached dry fondant pieces to fresh fondant with SMBC. Or depending on what it is, fresh to fresh with nothing. Never had a problem with either so far. I also do the RI & water if it's a piece that is on top or something.

ranbel Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 6

The accent are about 3inch tall hollow hearts. They are just the outline of a heart. I will be attaching them to the front of the cake. I just want to make sure that they are going to stay put, if you know what I mean. The venue is outside and in in Florida, so I hope the heat and/or rain doesn't make it a disaster.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%