Update To Slow Ices Registration Response

Decorating By JodieF Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 9:01pm by JodieF

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 9

I have received information regarding the lack of response to those who have registered with ICES and haven't received their registration numbers. The ICES President asked me to update everyone at Cake Central. We have exchanged several emails since yesterday. She is very sorry for the delay.
The secretary for ICES, who has done this for 18 years, is seriously ill and has been hospitalized, which is why we haven't received our registration numbers.
There are volunteers who are currently working as hard as they can to get all the paperwork completed and all the information sent out. They plan to have everything up to date by April 1st.
She asks for everyone's patience and understanding.

Jodie

8 replies
quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 9

Jodie-

The Ices secretary is the most helpful person when I had membership concerns. I so sorry to hear she is in the hospital.

I hope everyone is patient. ICES is run by volunteers. I am going to do my share by helping out a few hours a day in Chicago during the convention.

So cc members please be patient. They are doing their best. Thank you ICES staff. You are the best. I am looking forward to visiting chicago and learning new cake ideas from the teachers and meeting other cake decorators.

Again thank you so much , Jodie and ICES Staff

JodieF Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 9

I will admit, I wasn't feeling very patient, because it had been several weeks with no response after my initial registration. I, like a lot of others, am anxious to register for the conference. But, of course, I wasn't aware of the circumstances. That's why I was happy to pass this along. Hopefully this thread will stay bumped!

Jodie

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 9

She is a great membership coordinator and always has been. This has been a tough time for her and her family, and my prayers are with them during this time. She is a much-loved person in the ICES community.

~Chelle

JodieF Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 9

I never underestimate the power of positive thoughts!!!

Jodie

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #6 of 9

Is this Gayle you are talking about?

JodieF Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:52am
post #7 of 9

Yes, her name is Gayle.

Jodie

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #8 of 9

Gayle is such a sweet heard of a person. I met her a few years ago at a Wilton Meeting then saw her a month or two later at the ICES convention. She is one of those people that is always smiling, and greats everyone. Every convention after that I'd always make sure to say hi and get a hug from her.

I'm sad to hear she is not doing well. icon_sad.gif

JodieF Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 9

Just an update, I finally received my ICES registration number yesterday and was able to register for the Conference today (Friday). Unfortunately, all the hands on classes I wanted to take were filled, but I was able to sign up for 7 demonstrations.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%