First Impression Molds

Decorating By sugarprincess Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 2:28am by sweetiesbykim

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:05am
post #1 of 4

I just received my first impression molds and veiners. Does anyone hear use them? Do you like them?

3 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I have a bunch! icon_smile.gif

Happy flower-making!

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

I just made the medium rose centres today. I am making yellow/peach roses and rose buds and calla lillies for my daughters first communion cake. Not quite sure how I am going to arrange them on the cake yet or what cake shape I am going to use. But I am so excited to make the flowers with actual real cutters and veiners. I hope they turn out ok.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #4 of 4

I also LOVE mine, and have several! For the real intricate ones, I use my gum paste tool that looks like a little foot to really press it into the details. When I think the mold is full, I freeze it for 10 minutes or so, then bend the mold various directions and it comes right out. Be sure to cornstarch the outside of the ball of your gum paste rather than the mold so it doesn't clog up the details. Happy molding!

I forgot to add I do have some veiners, but only the one sided ones. I'm glad they came out with the second side for leaves and petals. I'll have to buy the match for the ones I have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%