Bc Turning Out Wrong??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 2:44am by prterrell

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hey i need some info on this, i have been making BC for about 2yrs on and off since i work full time .looks like i would have it down by now but i dont i dont know what i do wrong but there has been a couple of times when something goes wrong i think the main thing is im not consitant on my measurements and i noticed the last time i made BC when i was mixing Crisco with butter (not the real butter) probably mistake #1 it looked like cottage cheese instead of being smooth i tried Sugar Shacks receipe and no offense but that doesnt work for me either,
Who has a fool proof BC made with butter cause i dont like Crisco nor the highratio shortenings by them selves, Also i noticed that a oily film was sitting ontop of the BC while it was still in the bowl?? Help im tired of hoping that my BC will come out right, Thanks everyone

4 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried the buttercream by seriouscakes? It is a great recipe and crusts well. Mostly butter with just a little Crisco.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7059-buttercream-frosting.html

HTH thumbs_up.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Have you tried the buttercream by seriouscakes? It is a great recipe and crusts well. Mostly butter with just a little Crisco.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7059-buttercream-frosting.html

HTH thumbs_up.gif

No i havent but i will try anything right now im desperate i thought about buying the icing in large pails from Sams

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 5

Yup, another lover of Serious_Cakes recipe! Its an excellent buttercream and so easy to work with!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

When you say you were not using real butter, does that mean you were using margarine? If you want a really good all-butter buttercream, ditch the margarine, it really cannot be subbed for butter.

I make IMBC. It doesn't crust, but it smooths so easily, you don't need it to crust in order to use the other smoothing techniques.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%