Cake & Filling Flavor Combo Suggestions Needed

Decorating By luvsfreebies72 Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm by Tona

luvsfreebies72 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 9

I have someone who would like a white chocolate cake paired with a chocolate ganache filling. This does not sound like a very good flavor pairing to me, and I would like her to be thrilled with her cake, so I would like to give her some pairing suggestions and kind of steer her towards something that she might prefer. Any filling suggestions besides raspberry? TIA

8 replies
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 9

Just because it does not sound all that good to you doesn't mean it won't to them icon_smile.gif There are many times we do something against our own likes.
Personally I really dislike choco cake w/strawberry fill but had lots of orders for it. Also I think white cake w/bavarian fill is sooooo dulllllll but also have had lots of orders for that.
Just do iticon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Just because it does not sound all that good to you doesn't mean it won't to them icon_smile.gif There are many times we do something against our own likes.
Personally I really dislike choco cake w/strawberry fill but had lots of orders for it. Also I think white cake w/bavarian fill is sooooo dulllllll but also have had lots of orders for that.
Just do iticon_smile.gif

LOL

of course, that is always an option. Maybe I'll just ask her if she's had that flavor combo before and take it from there. I would be really bummed if she decided she was less than thrilled with her pairing choice, kwim?

dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 9

Go up to the Gourmet Flavors thread & there are a lot of suggestions. The 1st 2 pages have quite a few to get you started.

sayhellojana Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #5 of 9

Link to the Gourmet Thread:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-614554-0.html

TONS of great flavor combos on there. All the info you will ever need icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:38am
post #6 of 9

oh yes, I've been lurking there a long time now. Fabulous!

auntmamie Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 9

Maybe it's just the chocolate lover in me, but white chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling sounds totally yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 9

This is from the cupcake thread, but there are lots of yummy combinations here as well.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dtxcrsv_94f2877ghh

Personally, I love "my" (Epicurious double chocolate layer cake recipe) dark chocolate cake with bittersweet chocolate ganache. I sometimes use a chocolate cream cheese buttercream to cut some of the sweet, but I've never had anyone tell me it was too much chocolate.

Martha

Tona Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 9

I like white choc with chocolate ganache. It is a great combo and I get orders for it alot. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%