Cake & Filling Flavor Combo Suggestions Needed

Decorating By luvsfreebies72 Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm by Tona

luvsfreebies72  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 9

I have someone who would like a white chocolate cake paired with a chocolate ganache filling. This does not sound like a very good flavor pairing to me, and I would like her to be thrilled with her cake, so I would like to give her some pairing suggestions and kind of steer her towards something that she might prefer. Any filling suggestions besides raspberry? TIA

8 replies
 kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 9

Just because it does not sound all that good to you doesn't mean it won't to them icon_smile.gif There are many times we do something against our own likes.
Personally I really dislike choco cake w/strawberry fill but had lots of orders for it. Also I think white cake w/bavarian fill is sooooo dulllllll but also have had lots of orders for that.
Just do iticon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Just because it does not sound all that good to you doesn't mean it won't to them icon_smile.gif There are many times we do something against our own likes.
Personally I really dislike choco cake w/strawberry fill but had lots of orders for it. Also I think white cake w/bavarian fill is sooooo dulllllll but also have had lots of orders for that.
Just do iticon_smile.gif

LOL

of course, that is always an option. Maybe I'll just ask her if she's had that flavor combo before and take it from there. I would be really bummed if she decided she was less than thrilled with her pairing choice, kwim?

dandelion56602  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 9

Go up to the Gourmet Flavors thread & there are a lot of suggestions. The 1st 2 pages have quite a few to get you started.

sayhellojana  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #5 of 9

Link to the Gourmet Thread:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-614554-0.html

TONS of great flavor combos on there. All the info you will ever need icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:38am
post #6 of 9

oh yes, I've been lurking there a long time now. Fabulous!

auntmamie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 9

Maybe it's just the chocolate lover in me, but white chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling sounds totally yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 9

This is from the cupcake thread, but there are lots of yummy combinations here as well.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dtxcrsv_94f2877ghh

Personally, I love "my" (Epicurious double chocolate layer cake recipe) dark chocolate cake with bittersweet chocolate ganache. I sometimes use a chocolate cream cheese buttercream to cut some of the sweet, but I've never had anyone tell me it was too much chocolate.

Martha

Tona  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 9

I like white choc with chocolate ganache. It is a great combo and I get orders for it alot. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%