"oscar" Mold? Where Do I Find One?

Sugar Work By wendydou Updated 31 Jan 2013 , 4:58pm by KeithK

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make mini "Oscars".. any idea where I can find a chocolate mold for that??

Thanks
Wendy

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 7

It is copyrighted. You cannot find one.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 7

Wendy,

I have ordered mold from this lady's E-Bay store. She has a great selection of character chocolate molds. Her prices and shipping costs are reasonable, she ships quickly and is a pleasure to deal with. She has one Oscar mold (not sure it's what you need) but here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OSCAR-THE-GROUCH-SESAME-STREET-CANDY-MOLD-MOLDS-FAVORS_W0QQitemZ200262828964QQihZ010QQcategoryZ13926QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1713.m153.l1262

HTH,

Toni Ann

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 7

I would buy an imitation trophy (like this: http://www.k2awards.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=343 ) and make your own mold.

(I'm just assuming you mean the award, and not the muppet)

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2wheels

Wendy,

I have ordered mold from this lady's E-Bay store. She has a great selection of character chocolate molds. Her prices and shipping costs are reasonable, she ships quickly and is a pleasure to deal with. She has one Oscar mold (not sure it's what you need) but here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OSCAR-THE-GROUCH-SESAME-STREET-CANDY-MOLD-MOLDS-FAVORS_W0QQitemZ200262828964QQihZ010QQcategoryZ13926QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1713.m153.l1262

HTH,

Toni Ann

Toni Ann, I checked out your link and couldn't help busting out laughing. I believe Wendy is looking for the 'Gold Statuette' Oscar which is illegal to sell, make, etc. since The Academy cracked down on bakeries and mold making companies a few years ago.

I don't mean to sound mean, but it just struck me so funny. I even told this to my husband and he thought I was going to say that Wendy was looking for a fish mold (there's a certain type of brakish water fish in the Cichlad family by the name of Oscar. He knew that the 'gold statuettes' were no longer available as I had told him when I found out). icon_lol.gif

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 7

I giggled too.. I guess it was a little confusing.. I don't need it to be exact to the academy awards, but something close.. I found a couple but they are $15+ .. not worth it..

thanks for the ideas though! I didn't realize that it would be copywritten. Should have know that.. oh well.

Wendy

KeithK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%