Do You Give Your Cakes A Name?

Decorating By hallow3 Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 1:29am by luvsfreebies72

hallow3 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 7

As you are making a cake, do you find a name for it. I have a cake that I have named while I was making it. I as I was making my cake I was dreaming that I was laying in a field of flowers and picking them and putting them in a basket. I was thinking I was wearing a shaw and smelling the flowers as I was making my cake. I think this is where I got my inspiration for a cake. Do you get inspirations like this too? Here is my cake that I named Lazy day in spring.

6 replies
msulli10 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 7

Love it. I'm not that creative. I usually name the cake after what it looks boring!

jammjenks Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 7

Only wedding cakes. I usually name them after the bride, but sometimes will name it the couple's last name. BORING!

indydebi Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 7

Whatever helps me remember. I started years ago calling them by the bride's name just because it was easy. The cake I made for my cousin became VERY popular, so it just became easy to write on the order form "Tammy's Cake".

mommak Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 7

I usually name mine after the person whom the cake is for, whatever occasion.

2txmedics Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

I like the way you named your cake after your inspiration, and I totally agree...that a cake that is a "wedding cake"...should be named either after the bride...or depending on the kind of wedding:

garden wedding...What dreams May come (love the movie!!)

Beach....Forever Shores....*I dont know!*

Christmas...Winter Solace

Those are, trying for you know soft, romantic, dreamy...etc...

Mine are so far: yellow rose bday cake...turtle cake..etc...

luvsfreebies72 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:29am
post #7 of 7

yes, I do. I name them after the inspiration I received for the design.

My first fondant cake I named "Groovy Summer" since my inspiration was gerbera daisies and mod 60's

some cupcakes I made for a "1st Day of Spring" playdate were called "Spring fling" and were flowery

Quote by @%username% on %date%