Decorating Supplies Like Neon Colours And Airbrush Stuff

Decorating By cyncamp Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 3:32am by Mme_K

cyncamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyncamp Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:15am
post #1 of 8

hello - i'm way up here in canada (oustide toronto ontario) and am wondering where i can get the cool neon colouring gels that i see used on lots of cakecentral cakes. i usually only shop at michael's and i've never seen anything other than the basic colours there.

also i'm interested in perhaps airbrushing supplies - does anyone have any comments or advice on that? buying them? using them? do you like it? is there a course i could take on how to use it?

thanks for your help,
cynthia

7 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:42am
post #2 of 8

Hello Cynthia! I'm in the Ottawa Valley and I just ordered an airbrush and colour from cakes by sam in AK. I did the math and it was still cheaper to buy that way with all the costs included. I ordered Thursday and it will be here this week. icon_smile.gif

You have Creative Cutters in Richmond Hill and McCall's Cakes in Etobicoke to shop at as well. Lucky girl. thumbs_up.gif Lorrie

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:44am
post #3 of 8

Wow there are alot of websites that are out there. begin checking a global sugar art. I am not sure of the other websites but do a search online for americolor air brush colors and that will bring up alot of places for the airbrush colors. As far as the airbrush is concerned I have just recentlypurchased one and I absolutely love it. I still am a newbie in it but so far it saves alot of time and it looks so good.
I did a quick search for some airbrush and this is the first one that I came to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608279-.html
But I am sure that there are others.

HTH

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:08am
post #4 of 8

I was able to get neon colors by using the right combination of regular colors. A color wheel would help you accomplish that -- I happen to have a cousin who is a living color wheel, so I just ask her icon_biggrin.gif

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #5 of 8

Hi, I am in Cambridge, Ont., Some of the grocery stores have neon colors and also not sure if you have been here but Mississauga has a place called Golda's Kitchen, it has amazing stuff there, the website is www.goldaskitchen.com

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #6 of 8

Golda's in Mississauga carries airbrush supplies and a great variety of colours.... even Americolors. Visit their website....
http://www.goldaskitchen.com/index.ihtml
There is also McCall's in Etobicoke....
http://www.mccalls.ca/
I've been successful in getting a lot of my supplies at these 2 locations.
HTH

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:30am
post #7 of 8

I forgot to add Golda's also has classes icon_biggrin.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #8 of 8

McCall's also has classes....(I also forgot )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%