Help Please!!! Babrbe Themed Sheet Cake???

Decorating By Niquie Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm by Niquie

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 10:54am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could do for a barber themed cake for someone who is retiring. I will take any suggestions on this if you have some, because I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Ashley

3 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:11am
post #2 of 4

You could do some gumpaste scissors and paint it silver of course. Maybe with some old fashioned type of shaving cream canister, edible of course. What about the barber pole. Also add one of those old fashioned razors. HTH

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:15am
post #3 of 4

They make siscor molds and you could make the striped pole. (if that is what this man had outside his shop.) Or you could put the stripes on the sides of the cake with the scisors (can't spell it to early in the morning. LOL ) on top. Maybe you couls melt some MM's to make it look like shaving cream? The shaving cream could go around the edges of the cake. (if you think people would get the reference)
That is all I can think of this early. icon_smile.gif I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
Jen...

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, those are some good ideas. I'm goiong to go with the scissors thing for sure, since that was one of the first things both of you said. Thanks a bunch!!!

Ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%