Here Are My Tassel Instructions!!! Muah!

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 1 Jun 2013 , 9:56pm by janetbakes

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #31 of 70

beautiful!!! Thank you so much for taking the time it took to do this and to share it with all of us!!!

stephbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephbakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:54pm
post #32 of 70

wow wow wow. thanks!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:48am
post #33 of 70

Hi guys! OK so I just couldn't stay away and I am using a friends pc to get my fix in here..LOL BUt why aren't there any pics for me to oogle over? Where are your pics? I can't wait to see what you guys put together! No go do the tassel tango!

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:57pm
post #34 of 70

Thanks for sharing!!
Can't wait to try for my grandson's graduation

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:10pm
post #35 of 70

SWEET!!! Thanks so much for that information, it's very helpful!! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:17pm
post #36 of 70

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to show us this method of Tassel making! I love it!

Now, Dear Laura..........I have the same sugar**aft gun she is using, the red and black one, and I love it. What extruder would you recommend? I really want one of those big ol honky lookin extruders like Duff uses but haven't done any research yet to find out where to get one. Do you know? I think Jen Dontz uses this huge one too? icon_confused.gif
Tell me what you know girl!!! icon_lol.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #37 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to show us this method of Tassel making! I love it!

Now, Dear Laura..........I have the same sugar**aft gun she is using, the red and black one, and I love it. What extruder would you recommend? I really want one of those big ol honky lookin extruders like Duff uses but haven't done any research yet to find out where to get one. Do you know? I think Jen Dontz uses this huge one too? icon_confused.gif
Tell me what you know girl!!! icon_lol.gif

Lea, icon_lol.gif I'm not hiding anything.. I have old hands, with arthritis, and tendenitous, so I need the easiest tools I can find.. Kneading fondant can be painful for me... so; I will try anything that might be helpful, and the green clay extruder is the best I think. It holds more than the sugar_craft gun. You don't have to pump it with strength, you operate it sort of like a corkscrew... for lack of a better explanation.... But that is easier for me to use. It's the one you can buy for (ironically) half the price of the sugar gun, at craft stores.
I don't know anything about the "big gun", icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I suspect it might be too heavy for me to work with. hth icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:30am
post #38 of 70

icon_lol.gif Okay, Laura. You get a pass this time! icon_lol.gif I thought you were holding out on some super duper double timin extruder that I knew nothing about yet. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I do know about the one you are talking about. I actually looked it over real good at Michael's before I decided to purchase the black and red one. Don't ask me why I chose the black and red one over the green one because I don't remember, for certain. Thinking back, it seems I thought the trigger type would work better for me than the corkscrew type would. I LOVE my black and red SCraft one though. We still need to find out what that big old thing I see Duff use is! icon_biggrin.gif

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #39 of 70

Wow! It looks great! Thanks for the instructions!

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:07pm
post #40 of 70

thank you great tutorial youre great

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:04pm
post #41 of 70

Thak yo sooooooooo much that is a super tutorial!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #42 of 70

I am SO GLAD this came up to the top again....I have done several searches trying to find this post and NOTHING came up. icon_confused.gif I even bought the green T extruder to do it - NOW I have to figure out how to save it so I don't loose it again.

THANK YOU!!!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #43 of 70

that tassle sure is purrty! Thanks for the instructions & pics!!!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #44 of 70

Wow I cant wait to try this out thanks for putting this all together and I hope your PC is feeling better icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #45 of 70

Thanks for the tutorial! You rock!! I have to make a tassle tomorrow and next week!

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:53pm
post #46 of 70

These are great instructions, thank you so much. May I ask is there a way to make longer ropes from the clay gun or does it only hold so much. I was thinking about getting one to make rope borders for the cakes, but they would need to be quite long. Thank you for your help.
Kathy

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 1:41pm
post #47 of 70

You guys are so welcome! I am glad to help and I can't wait to see your tassles!!! I haven't seen one yet... and this post is from over a month ago.

Kathy if your are doing a round rope you can peice it together on the table (lightly dusted corn starch) and put just a dab of glue(tylose&water) right on the cut ends and stick em together and lightly roll the snake and let it set up a while before picking it up to put on a cake. Or if you want a a small skinny boarder you should be able to squeeze out a few feet of it on one load. And as you handle the ropes they do slightly stretch out giving more length.

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #48 of 70

oh wonderful. Thank you for the extra help. I will try that!
Kathy

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #49 of 70

You amaze me! THank you so very much for sharing and doing all that work to show us.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:20am
post #50 of 70

Thanks so much for the tutorial! I made my 1st tassel today for a graduation cap. I think I overestimated the size a bit, but it will work. I would post a pic, but I'm too tired. I'll post a pic of the cake when I'm finished with it on Friday.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #51 of 70

Wow - thanks for taking the time to write up the instructions and especially for all of us visual learners, to post pics. You're terrific!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:49pm
post #52 of 70

Awesome!! What a great looking tassel!

kimbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbers Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:54pm
post #53 of 70

thank you for taking the time to do this!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:59pm
post #54 of 70

That is a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing it with us!

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:09pm
post #55 of 70

This is terrific! Thanks!!!

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #56 of 70

Okay, here's a pic of my tassel. I think that I will add more "fringe" next time & make it a little smaller.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1370118.html

Thanks for the wonderful instructions!

Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #57 of 70

thank you so very much.. this is awesome.. i have one to do within the next week and this is going to help so much.. you are so wonderful to share with us.. is there any way of saving this info and pics?

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:15am
post #58 of 70

Thank you thank you thank you!

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:31pm
post #59 of 70

Sarah - I used your instructions to make the tassel on my graduation cake this week! thanks so much for posting them, it came out perfect! I posted the pix but it's not up for a few more minutes. icon_smile.gif

Kathleen

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm
post #60 of 70

Can you achieve this with gumpaste instead of fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%