Color Mist In Cans To Spray On Iced Cakes

Decorating By angellang Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm by Kiddiekakes

angellang Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:13am
post #1 of 6

I just made my baby's own little cake for her first birthday party. I have a can of the pink color mist spray like they sell in Micheals now. But it had really strong sents. I havent used it since Last aug. does anyone know how long they stay good for. For all I know the smell may suppose to stay there considering of whats in the can to make it do that. can someone help me please. Thanks

5 replies
JanH Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:18am
post #2 of 6

The Wilton Color Mist Food Color Spray doesn't have a taste.. don't know if it has an odor:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=pg_colormist&CMP=AFC-CCF

Is this the product you have?

Might be worth your peace of mind to use the online coupon and just buy another new can. icon_smile.gif

HTH

cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:41am
post #3 of 6

Did it smell minty? That is what I smelled when I have used them.

angellang Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 6

Yes that is what I have. And no its not worth it to me when I have to go to the next biggest city 30 mintues away to get another can.

And the smell was like a gas smell when I sprayed it.

Liniti Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 6

angel, I just unwrapped 3 different brand new cans of Color Mist 2 weeks ago to decorate some cupcakes and noticed the strong chemical smell when spraying. It probably has something to do with the propellant in the can, it is apparently harmless because we're all still alive and well....... icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6

Wilton has been made aware of this a couple of years ago regarding the mint smell used in their spray mists.It was and is a real turn off to most people..me included.I hate mint!! They were supposedly changing the formula to get rid of the mint smell but I don't think they did.I have an airbrush so I don't buy the spray mists...I did when I first started out but the smell almost made me sick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%