Pricing Cookies

Baking By cakemommy Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 5:43am by cakemommy

cakemommy Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:49am
post #1 of 3

Okay, never in a million years did I ever think I would be selling cookies. Someone I don't know has contacted me through my flickr account and has inquired a few times about buying my Patrick Star cookies. I have told her that I have never sold my cookies and do not feel comfortable doing so. She said that later this year her son or grandson, I don't remember, is going to have a SpongeBob party and these cookies will be perfect. I told her I wouldn't even know what to charge.

I am asking you all for any advice on how to let this lady down. I don't know who this woman is. She seems nice but quite persistent about the cookies. I don't want any copyright issues you know! I don't need that kind of trouble.

I would also like to know what any of you professionals here would charge for those cookies. Just curious! I haven't a clue! icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

2 replies
indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 3

The cookies are fabulous and I can see why she would want them!

But you just have to be super honest. It is unlawful for you to reproduce a copyrighted character to sell, and while you really would like to make her son happy, you're just not willing to go to jail for it.

Maybe you could make just some pink star cookies that would blend in with her Spongebob party decor. No law about making pink star cookies!

cakemommy Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:43am
post #3 of 3

You're right! No law against pink star cookies huh! I did have a ton of fun making them. No sure why she couldn't attempt them herself you know? I have heard of lurkers in forums of all kinds that just can't wait to get someone in trouble in one way shape or form. I just have that eerie feeling about this. As much as I would love to do them again I just do not want to be stupid about this.

Thank you for your advice!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%