Peanut Butter Fudge Cake Recipe Help

Decorating By i_heart_pastry Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm by jlh

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 4

So I'd like to try this recipe:

www.parents.com/recipe/chocolate-cakes/peanut-butter-fudge-cake/

only I plan to cover the cake with white fondant, so I need a lighter colored icing. I was thinking of a peanut butter buttercream, then mixing in some pb cups with the bc for a filling. Can anyone recommend a pb buttercream recipe that would work nicely with the Reese's cups? I suppose I could also make the ganache for the filling and just use the pb bc on the outside of the cake, only this one needs to be a quickie and I'd love to avoid the extra step! Any suggestions and/or recipes are appreciated!!

Thanks!
Bec

3 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry I can't help but boy that sound so good icon_lol.gif

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 4

This is my PB frosting recipe, and I get rave reviews!

3/4 C. creamy PB
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. shortening
4 C. 10x sugar
1/2 C. milk
2 tsp vanilla

You could also use Reese's brand PB if you are concerned about the PB and Reese's cups having a different taste.

Good luck! Sounds so yummy!

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 4

3/4 C. creamy PB
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. shortening
4 C. 10x sugar
1/2 C. milk
2 tsp vanilla

I cut/pasted this recipe from the post above me. I'm so glad to find this. I had a fabulous recipe that I used as a filling (had the texture of buttercream), but I've since lost the recipe. The ingredients above sound very close to it, but mine didn't have shortening. I know mine had 1 cup PB, and 1/2 cup butter...everything else sounds the same. It was heavenly, and I added chopped PB cups to the filling. I used a silky choc. BC to ice it with. Anyhow, I'm going to try it again. You inspired me to bake this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%