Decorating By sweetqt5703 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm by bashini

sweetqt5703 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 6

Is there a way to make this fondant taste better? The last time and first time I used it everyone including myself thought it tasted like bakin play dough icon_redface.gif

5 replies
pipe-dreams Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 6

What brand is it, or did you make it yourself? You can add flavor(like vanilla or almond extract) to it a little at a time. Then just knead it in.

sweetjan Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

Also use Michele Foster's Delicious's in the recipes here at CC. She tells you how to make it white chocolate or dark chocolate as well!! No playdough flavors with that recipe!! thumbs_up.gif

sweetqt5703 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

I think it'll be wilton brand, it's only my second time using it so I'm not yet up to trying a recipe for it. I added vanilla last time it didn't help.

pipe-dreams Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah, Wilton is the grossest flavor of all as far as fondant. I just made the switch to Satin Ice. Are you actually covering a cake with it? Most people usually peel it off anyway, without eating it. But it definitely would be nice to have it taste better. Maybe someone will be able to help better.

bashini Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, you got to try few other brands of fondant or if you like you can make your own. I do recommend Michele Foster's fondant. Its soo yummy. You can also try Marshmellow fondant, but it is too sweet for me. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%